Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
and finally...today!
Whee! I'm all caught up! (for now....)

This morning we went for a stroller walk with Robyn & Sean, and a mom (Bonnie) from my Thursday playgroup. We walked for around an hour and a half and it felt good to get in even a minimal workout!

Jakob woke up towards the end of the walk and once we were done we put the strollers side by side so he could see his cousin.
He was in such a great mood! He didn't stop giggling and talking...its too bad that we had to upset him again today.

We decided that Yannick would give him a bottle every day at the 7:00pm feed. That way Jakob would (eventually!) get used to having a bottle, but it wasn't the last one before bed so he'd still get a good feeding to help him sleep. Unfortunately Yannick has bowling on Tuesdays, but so that we wouldn't miss a day, he came home at lunch time to do the lunch time feeding. It didn't go well. After an hour of crying, resisting and passing out from exhaustion, Yannick had to go back to work and there was still 1 oz of an original 3 oz of breastmilk in the bottle. What little he had drunk was by accident as it spilled into his mouth and he swallowed so he wouldn't choke. He finally calmed down when I held him and I got him to at least accept the bottle in his mouth. He didn't drink it, but he chewed it like it was a teething ring, and ended up getting the rest of the milk without realizing it. It's going to be really tough until he takes it, because his crying is really hard to take. He looks and acts as if we don't love him and are torturing him. I think tomorrow night I will physically leave the house when Yannick tries to feed him, both so that he can't smell me (or the milk) and so I won't have to hear him cry. I might give Yannick a new pillow to rest him against and have him sit somewhere different so he won't have the familiarity of my usual breastfeeding pillow and spot with the unfamiliarity of Yannick giving him the bottle.

Robyn brought me the Jitterbug I'd eyed at Effiloche. I *must* stop buying yarn! I couldn't resist this one though, the colors just catch my eye. It reminds both of a bird of paradise flower, and those glowing neon Tetra fish you see at pet stores.

Isn't it pretty? I think these will become just plain stockinette stitch socks for me me me. I think the colors stand out enough that I wouldn't need anything fancy to have some pretty funky feet! (Uh...that's funky in a GOOD way).

Look- I have been knitting! This is the progress so far on the Montego Bay scarf. I decided not to frog it after all (thanks Maaike!) and am slogging away. It's a very easy pattern to memorize and I wouldn't have to pay too much attention to it except that I'm knitting it on addi turbos and the points aren't sharp enough to do the k2togs without looking. I'd advise someone else knitting this to use a sharper needle.

Something about Jakob's pose in that photo just cracks me up. It looks like he's saying "hey- check ME out!"


My aunt Mimi came over before driving back to Toronto today, and she brought Jakob a really soft sweatsuit. We put it on him to see if it fit and couldn't resist giving him a cuddle while he was so warm and snuggly. Could you resist this face?

Now I'm done. Fini. Caput. I've done laundry, exercised, showered, taken care of Jakob, fed him and he's currently crying is bum off in bed. I think I'm going to take him out and let him sleep in my lap until the next feed at 10:00 while I watch Big Brother and Law & Order. I'll try and get some knitting in, then can't wait to hit the sack!





Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:40 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:13 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I think I have that exact same jitterbug colorway! I got in our knitting group's holiday exchange last December. I plan to use to make a pair of plain socks, that is once I learn how to make socks. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates