Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
socks that rock!
A few weeks ago the Enabler-Otherwise-Known-as-Maaike placed an order with Blue Moon Fiber Arts and asked if I'd be interested in getting anything. I was going to say no...and then I looked at their site.

Within minutes I'd found exactly what I wanted, and it arrived today! :]]]

I had to go to Maaike's anyways so she could help me out by photographing my other Knitty submission, and while I was there I got my yarn! My soft, squishy yarn!

Since the colors were all so wonderful, a big part of what drew me to these yarns in particular were their names.

This is Downpour.

I love it! It's the perfect representation (to me) of the soft gray skies and purply-brown shadows you find on a dark, rainy day. Faithful readers will know that rainy days are my favorite (notice how it poured on my wedding day, Jakob's birthday AND on my birthday yesterday?) and the name of this yarn drew me in right away. I think it will be perfect for a slouchy pair of comfy socks I'm thinking of designing.

The reason I decided to order at all was because I remembered the Rock and Weave socks I'd seen on the Yarn Harlot's blog. It took me a while to find the perfect yarn to use...many of the STR have short color repeats and I didn't want the colors to blend together in the socks, especially not in the linen-stitch cuffs. My eye kept getting drawn to a particular colorway, and when I read the name I knew I'd found the right one. It was a name that made me smile, and was silly and quirky...perfect!

This is Gingerbread Dude. I think I love him.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 3:37 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:39 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I love the colors you chose! Subtle, but fun.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates