Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
tues, sept 11 - my birthday
Ok, truthfully my birthday started at midnight, when I opened up my first card. I was confused because there was no name on the outside, but it was all explained when the card turned out to be from our cat, Sam. He didn't write my name on the outside of the card, since, DUH, cats can't write. (Silly readers).

I signed up with a stroller walking group and since it was raining outside they were meeting at a local mall, so I packed up Jakob and went for some much-needed exercise. We were finished right about the time the stores were opening, so I went to go visit my brother at his work.

He took this lovely photo of us. Ignore my crazy-flat hair...I'd been sweating up a storm. Still...this is the only photo taken on my birthday that has ME in it, so here you go.
For the first time ever I took advantage of my brother's managerial discount to treat myself to something for my birthday. I keep hearing people praising Crocs (the real foam ones, not plastic knock-offs) and had been admiring the Mary-Jane style, so I picked up a pair of them in black. They are SO comfy! I wish I'd bought them earlier in the summer!

From Fairview Jakob and I went to the video game store to trade in the sucky game we'd bought that Saturday night a few weeks ago. I traded it for the 2 games I'm missing in the SpongeBob SquarePants series. Don't laugh- the one I already have, The Battle For Bikini Bottom is a lot of fun, and not too hard that I can't play it on my own. I picked up SpongeBob SquarePants: the Movie Game and Lights, Camera, Pants!. The first one is supposed to be similar to the one I have already, the second one is 30 mini-games that you can compete against others for "auditions" for a movie being filmed in Bikini Bottom.

We came home and spent the afternoon sewing in ends on my Knitty submission. (Well, I did. Jakob didn't really help that much). Yannick has bowling every Tuesday so I didn't feel guilty going to my first Knitting Guild meeting of the year. I didn't think to ask my mom to babysit, so Jakob came with me.

He helped Norma teach the proper way of doing an SSK...

...and obediently modeled my Montego Bay Scarf-in-progress.

We left in time to put him to bed, and just as I'd sat down on the couch to relax, Yannick walked in with a little treat for me:


A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard cake from Dairy Queen! YUM. As much as I can't wait to dig in, I DON'T want the temptation of eating the whole thing, so we put it right into the freezer and will cut it Wed night after dinner at my parents' house.

We watched the Big Brother episode that I'd taped earlier (bye bye Jameka!) and FINALLY saw some footage from the Jury house! I'd been wondering when we were going to see the evicted houseguests again...

In sad news, we tried the 2 SpongeBob games, and the Lights, Camera, Pants! one was defective. :( Yannick will return it for me on Wed and pick up something new.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 2:56 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:16 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Jenn...
    Happy Birthday to you!

     
  • At 1:40 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like it was a fun day.

     
  • At 12:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Jennifer. Happy belated anniversary as well. I think that's a great picture of you and Jakob. The cake looks yummy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates