Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
thurs, sept 13
Thursday was night 2 of Rosh Hashana. I think I putzed around the house all day (the problem with post-blogging is a failing memory!) because I knew it would be a busy night. If memory serves at all, I worked on my Knitty submissions.
We're actually not hockey fans in this house. Hear that? That was a collective gasp from all the Canadians who read this blog. Don't worry...we like hockey...we're just not partial to a particular team, nor do we feel the need to watch it on TV. Get me tickets to a live game though, especially when the Habs (Canadians) are playing, and I'm SO there! Instead, we're football fans...the Colts...and yes, we started rooting for them years before their superbowl win. Or, rather, Yannick has, which makes Jakob and I Colts fans by default. Unfortunately I don't have any Colts stuff for Jakob yet, but I did have this cute little Canadians outfit that he was just about to grow out of, so I put it on him to go to my parents' house for dinner.


It was with my dad's side of the family so we got to see Robyn and Sean. I still didn't get any knitting done, but I did manage to enhance my stash! :]
Robyn brought me some Noro Silk Garden from her store. It is going to be a scarf, for me me me. I am a knitter who does not own a hand-knit scarf. (Yes, I'm ignoring the multicolored fun-fur one in my closet because I didn't know any better, and yes, I'm also ignoring the Vegas scarf, which doesn't match my Winter coat, and yes, I'm ignoring the unfinished Clapotis).


I also got my kit from her September Sock Club. The yarn was custom-dyed to match the colors of Robyn's store, and while they are not colors I would have said to put together, the finished result is really funky! I am going to use it to make the socks from the pattern provided, and they will be for me me me too.

EDITED TO ADD: turns out the colors WERE custom dyed-but not specifically to match the shop. Which is funny, 'cus they DO match the splash page of Robyn's store (turquoise with an orange bird). In any case...I love the yarn! :)
Robyn also brought me a birthday present- more Socks that Rock! She didn't know I was ordering with Maaike and had wanted to be the one to give me my first STR skein. I love the colors!

Sean had brought Jakob some clothes too as a gift for his first Rosh Hashana but they're in the wash and I forgot to photograph them. :)

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 4:45 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:13 pm, Blogger K. said…

    I totally agree about the september sock club kit. Love the STR and I can't wait to see the Noro scarf!

     
  • At 5:37 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Jenn, the colors don't match my shop? They were just colors that hand-dyer thought would work great - and I liked her results, so I said "go with it!" LOL... but I actually have a yarn in the works to match my shop, and it's pastels?! (Pink, green and blue to match my logo!) It'll be available next month I think!

     
  • At 8:40 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Those other scarves definitely don't count! Love the yarn. Lots of different, fun colors. My posted projects haven't really gotten very far lately. For the reason why you'll have to visit my blog. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates