Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
sat, sept 15 and sun, sept 16
Would you believe it- after staying up all night to send in my Knitty submissions I get an email the next morning- the deadline was pushed back by 2 days! Aaarrghh.... Oh well, at least they were in!

In the morning Maaike and I went to Effiloche, as I mentioned before. They didn't have any sari silk in, which was the reason for our visit, nor did they have in any patterns so I could buy enough Baby Ull, nor did they have any Fleece Artist Sea Silk ('cus I was thinking of restarting my Montego Bay scarf)...so in the end Maaike picked up a few things but I walked out empty handed. There was a colorway of Colinette Jitterbug that I loved but I knew that Robyn carried that yarn so I figured if I was to buy it, I'd buy it from her.

I got home to a rough scene. Yannick was babysitting Jakob and for the first time ever Jakob refused to drink from a bottle. He's resisted in the past but always wound up drinking it...this time was a no-go. He even cried so hard that he fell asleep from the effort. It was really tough but we didn't give in and feed him. Instead we vowed to try and give him one bottle per day to get him used to taking them again.

I don't remember what we did for the rest of the afternoon, I think we played video games. I've been hooked on watching Yannick play "God of War II" on PS2 and we've been taking turns playing "Pitfall Harry" on GameCube. I like when Yannick plays because I give him tips on the mental puzzles or ideas when he's stuck so I feel like I'm contributing but I get to knit at the same time.

That evening we wondered if Jakob was big enough yet to play in his Jolly Jumper version of an Exersaucer. Sure enough:
Here he's just concentrating, but you should have seen the grin on his face! He hasn't figured out that he can jump, instead he's more focused on how to get the monkey (the hanging yellow thing) into his mouth.
Sunday was more of the same thing, which is why it doesn't get its own post. More video games, more playing with Jakob, more crying instead of taking a bottle.
Although...Sunday was my brother's birthday, so Happy Birthday Aaron! :)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 5:26 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:32 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Where did you get that Jolly Jumper bouncer!?!? My son is a week older than yours, and I want one for him now, now, now!!! :)

     
  • At 8:46 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    How cute! He looks like he's really intensely trying to figure how to get that monkey. My hubby always wants to watch movies and cuddle, which is not good for getting in knitting time.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates