Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
mon, sept 17
Remember I told you about my new crocs? Aren't they cute?
Today I gave them their first workout. I took Jakob to the park while wearing them, and MAN are they comfy! Now I really wish I'd bought them earlier in the season, 'cus I can see myself wanting to wear them all the time.

Today (Monday) Jakob is officially 4 months old.

According to What to Expect the First Year:

By four months, your baby

...should be able to:
-on stomach, lift head up to 90 degrees CHECK
-laugh out loud CHECK
-follow an object held about 6 inches above baby's face and moved 180 degrees-from one side to the other, with baby watching all the way CHECK
-on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms CHECK
-grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers CHECK
-pay attention to an object as small as a raisin CHECK
-reach for an object CHECK
-squeal in delight CHECK

...will probably be able to:
-hold head steady when upright CHECK
-on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms CHECK
-grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers CHECK
-pay attention to an object as small as a raisin CHECK
-reach for an object CHECK
-squeal in delight CHECK

...may possibly be able to:
-keep head level with body when pulled to sitting CHECK
-roll over (one way) CHECK
-turn in the direction of a voice, particularily mommy's CHECK
-say "ah-goo" or similar vowel-consonant combination CHECK
-razz (make a wet razzing sound) CHECK

...may even be able to:
-bear some weight on legs when held upright CHECK he loves it!
-sit without support NO-only when leaning against something
-object if you try to take a toy away NO
-turn in the direction of a voice CHECK


This next photo is for Robyn- I can't take a decent mirror photo like you do! If I use the flash they come out sharp but with the bright white spot. If I don't use the flash they are always blurry.
Still...it's a cute photo. I strapped Jakob into the Snugli and took him for a walk to the park.

We played in the swings again and he had fun, laughing and talking to me. There was a gorgeous breeze blowing and it was really nice to be outside.

It was also really nice to be home, when I saw these packages waiting for me:


Since the first anniversary gift is "paper", Yannick and I exchanged paper gifts. I gave him gift certificates for Home Depot, and he gave me certificates for Chapters, our local book store. (Paper books- get it?) I've been slowly placing orders for the books I want, and they are slowly arriving. Yannick promised to dedicate each one to me so I'll remember what occassion they were for.

The only thing that sucks is that Chapters doesn't have some of the books I'd wanted, knitting ones by Elizabeth Zimmermann or Barbara Walker, to complete my collections. However, his parents gave me some money for my birthday, so I was able to order the remaining books from Amazon.com and Amazon.ca (big price difference sometimes making it worth the exchange). I'm waiting until all the packages arrive before I open any! After these purchases I'll just be missing the First, Second and Third Barbara Walker treasuries, and will have all of EZ's books! I can't wait!

Oh, before I forget- I did knit! Yannick and I went for groceries late so I taped all the shows I'd wanted to watch. Once we got home and put Jakob to bed I didn't feel like stopping the VCR so I let it keep taping and climbed into bed with my knitting and some podcasts on my ipod. I got in about an hour while listening to Quirky Nomads.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:08 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates