Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, February 13, 2005
Sunday (after the fact)
(actually being posted on Feb 21 'cus I was too busy/lazy to post on time)

I got a whole bunch of knitting done! My Sunday was spent lying around on my parents' bed with my mom, watching her tapes of Joey, Will & Grace and The Apprentice from Thursday night. She read the paper and ate a bagel with butter and candy sprinkles on it (Yes, the sprinkles you put on ice cream. I know. I don't try to understand it any more) and I knitted. The 1st Mock Cable sweater should have been finished had I been strictly following the pattern, but besides making it to a custom fit, the client also wanted sleeves. So I picked up 36 sts around each opening and did 5 rows in 1x1 rib for each sleeve. Then I was free to work on my sock!

By the time The Apprentice finished I had finished 1 full repeat of the lace pattern (48 rows) after my 2 cm of ribbing. The pattern calls for 2 repeats before turning the heel, but I accidentally made my cast on too tight and was afraid it wouldn't fit over my calf, so I'm making shorty socks. That meant I was done!

I would have started my fair isle headband since we learned the 2-handed fair isle technique in class last Monday, but the bag I threw into my overnight bag, which I thought contained my yarn for the headband, actually contained my Vegas Scarf. So I was out of knitting.

It didn't matter though, 'cus Yannick came by around 4:00pm anyways to pick me up and spend the afternoon/evening with me. He'd wanted to take me to see Neverland but it wasn't playing anywhere local any more, so we went to see Hitch. My dilemma: go for dinner then see the late show but risk not being hungry for popcorn, or go to the movie first and have popcorn and risk not being hungry for a real dinner. Choice #2 won. Popcorn is my comfort food. I will gladly give up chocolate for the rest of my life, but popcorn and potato chips will be my true loves forever.

The movie was much better than the reviews I read gave it credit for. Then again, we could have been biased 'cus a feel-good, make-you-smile, everything-works-out-in-the-end, true-love-works-and-relationships-are-worth-working-on kinda movie was exactly what we needed that night. But it was good. And I got my popcorn with lots of butter on it, so I was very happy. Plus, after the movie we went to Chenoy's for supper and I had a plate of nachos so I was really happy. I think the way to my heart really is through my stomach.

Yannick still really wanted me to come home but I still thought it was best to stay at my parents' so I went back, but knew it would probably be the last night.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:16 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates