Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Hurrying Up
I'm trying to post this very quickly 'cus Yannick should be home from work any minute. I'm rushing to finish the Sweetheart Mittens before either a)Valentine's Day on Monday, or b)Saturday night when we'll be celebrating. That was the only thing I worked on today at lunch and tonight once I got home. I finished the 2 cuffs, and did about 4 rows after joining them. It was a bit fiddly at first, but I joined by doing a 3-needle bind off on 10 sts of each cuff, then continuing from where I was around until I got back to my starting place. Kinda like closing off the middle bar of a figure 8, starting at the middle of one side and going around until starting back at the same middle. It will take a few rows before it loosens up a bit, and I will need to seam a few holes shut after, but I think it will work. Not bad for no pattern, eh?


Oh, and I got a cool call from my friend Julie today! She moved to Brockville and was at the Michael's in Ottawa today. We don't have one here. When I went down in August I'd bought 2 bracelet kits that are 6 mini picture frames that you string together yourself. I put family photos in both and gave one to my mom for her birthday and kept the other. The only problem is that because we are so many in the family, I didn't have room for Yannick in mine! I told Julie that if she were ever to stop by there and see the kits, I would love to have another bracelet so I could put the photos of Yannick and my best friends, so she called me to see which color I wanted. What a great friend! She's even picking me up some crimp beads that I can use for my beaded stitch markers, and even called me back long distance from her cell, just to check the bracelet color. Thanks Julie! I'll make sure I put your picture in first! :)

To Tracy from the comments: Thanks for mentioning the Dogosaurus Rex pattern from Paton's! I hadn't heard of it before, but now it looks like I have another pattern book to order! I thank you. My wallet doesn't! :)

To Alison from the comments: There was absolutely no rush. Thanks again, so much. I'm trying to save the candy for Valentine's Day. It doesn't help that I have it next to the computer right now!

Now I have to jump back into bed and make it look like I've been working on the Mock Cable dog sweater all night. Luckily Yannick doesn't read this blog!

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:21 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:42 pm, Blogger Diana said…

    EEEP. Jen, I can WLAK to that Michaels. Next time you need something, give me a shout, please.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates