Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
RAOK'd!
So normally I like to be the one to check the mail. Even if it's just a letter from Reader's Digest (I might already be a winner....), I get excited to see what's arrived.

Today I didn't come home from work right away. I had my dad pick me up to drive me to work (we work together) so I wouldn't be stuck with my car, and that way my boyfriend could come pick me up from work so we could go see my friend's production of "Into The Woods". After the show (which was great btw) we get home and right away I open the mailbox. Empty. Odd, not even junk mail. Then I remember that Yannick went home to shower before picking me up. I asked him if there was any mail today. He says yes. He had a slight smile on his face. We go into the house, and there, right on the kitchen counter, IT is. The manilla-colored bubble mailer with the sweetest 4 letters on the top: RAOK.

My eyes lit up and I could feel the grin spread on my face. I actually exclaimed "it's here!". Yannick started laughing and said he put it right there so it would be the first thing I saw.

(As an aside, we had just been talking about the quartz this morning. I had mentioned that people in the states had gotten theirs already, and he said that maybe customs wouldn't let it through, so that was the note I'd left for work on.)




Inside is the promised piece of quartz, 2 photos that show where the quartz was from (how thoughtful, my very own "certificate of authenticity"), a letter detailing the location, and some candy. Yay!

And who sent me this bright spot to end my day? Alison, from http://couldbefun.blogspot.com/. Thank you so much Alison! You don't know how you made my day!

Not only is this my first not-so-random RAOK, but it's the very first anything that comes close to a RAOK I've received since joining this group (not counting those cute ecards that were sent to the group).

Alison, thank you again for taking the time to send out these little packages and for thinking about everyone in the first place to bring back some extra quartz. It's going right into my collection of rough and tumbled stones.

Thank you.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:43 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:11 pm, Blogger Creative Genius? said…

    Glad you got it! Sorry it took near forever... life got the better of me for awhile....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates