Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, January 31, 2005
List of Questions

I stole this from Jen's blog. Jen, feel free to steal anything you want from me! :)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? --I'm not a yarn snob, I don't mind blents or acrylics, and I only started using non-acrylics in my fibercraft in 2004. The only thing I don't like is when an acrylic knits or crochets up and feels like plastic.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? --I crochet. I would even go as far as calling myself an expert crocheter, can create my own patterns, have made blankets, sweaters, toys, dolls. Haven't done lace crochet but that's just 'cus I know it would take forever on those tiny hooks.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) --No.

4. How long have you been knitting? --Besides learning when I was a kid then abandonning it, I've been knitting non-stop for exactly 1 year next weekend- Superbowl Sunday.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? --Yes, at the side of my blog in the sidebar.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) --I like vanilla and mint the best, then fruit smells, either berries or citrus. I also like scents of pies or cakes or cookies. I just can't stand flower scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? --No. I prefer carbs like chips and popcorn. I have a salty tooth. :)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? --I do it all. I knit, crochet, cross stitch, paint, draw, sculpt, etch onto glass, write. I also do DIY stuff like build my own bookcases and install computer software.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) --I like all kinds. I love 80's music, but my personal music collection ranges from musical soundtracks like Andrew Lloyd Weber, French ballads like Francis Cabrel, modern stuff like Gwen Stephani and Black Eyed Peas, older metal like Rob Zombie, pop like Pink and Bon Jovie, and just weird like the soundtrack to the 1 musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And my car stereo can play MP3s. Not my house one.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? --I used to think my favorite color was black. Now I'd say blue and/or pink. I like and would wear or knit with all colors though.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? --I'm the oldest of 4 kids, my parents are still married. I live with my boyfriend and we have a cat, Sam.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) --To get married and start a family.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? --I don't have a favorite.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? --The only thing I don't like so far is knitting with those polar yarns, like polarspun or snowflake. Ugh, like knitting with plastic. And they hurt my teeth.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? --Dog sweaters, but that's 'cus I'm selling them. I've been doing a lot of socks and mittens lately, but that could just be the season. I love it all!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? --everything but sleeves. (unless they're challenging)

17. What are you knitting right now? --9 wips, but right now a dog sweater.

18. What do you think about ponchos? --I think they're cute but wouldn't look good on me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? --circs all the way, even for straight knitting, except for socks with anything smaller than 4-ply. For that I prefer straight dpns to circs.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? --addi Turbos all the way, unless it's a slippery yarn, then I'll use my Denise set.

21. Are you a sock knitter? --yes.

22. How did you learn to knit? --my grandmother taught me when I was a kid, but most recently I started again and the internet and books were my biggest help, then after 2 months of "on my own" I joined a knitting class, and that was the greatest thing.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? --about ten months. It's a mohair sweater that I just need to figure out how to seam.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? --I used to collect Daffy Duck but grew out of that. Right now my favorite animated character is probably Puss 'n Boots from Shrek 2. I like all animals and birds, so no fave there.

25. What is your favorite holiday? --Hanukah.

26. Is there anything that you collect? --Besides yarn and books, I have a collection of Charming Tails mice figurines that I've been collecting for over 2 years. When I quit smoking I told myself I would spend the $20-ish I was saving on a figurine each week. I stopped buying them for myself, but got quite a few from Yannick and family members.


posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:10 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:44 pm, Blogger jen said…

    Nice list! So, how do you sell your dog sweaters and for how much? (just curious!) And don't feel bad about your guess -- "There's no such thing as a stupid question (or answer)"! You're in the drawing...

     
  • At 5:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember, this is a common practice for those
    on the paleo desserts recipes.

    my weblog :: paelo diet

     
  • At 2:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice data you will have right here on this post.
    I can be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    my webpage; korea plastic surgery in singapore

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates