Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, February 03, 2005
"C" Is For Codeine...
First of all, if you've sent me an email since Tuesday, I'm sorry if I didn't respond. I had opened my Outlook (the old .pst file) and pulled in my "new" mail on Tuesday, 59 emails, but then during the process of trying to reinstall the real .pst file, I overwrote the temporary one and lost those 59 emails. I know most of them were bulk emails from some yahoo groups, but if I missed anything important I'm sorry. I'm deliberatly not opening Outlook now while online so I don't pull in anything new, until my Outlook problems are settled *fingers crossed*.

I worked all day today, the long 9-8 Thursday shift. Normally I look forwards to Thursdays 'cus it's "Sushi Thursday". Not tonight. Because I drove to work I didn't take my first dose of uber-drugged cough syrop (Hycodan) until 10am. So I took my next dose at 2pm, since the bottle says "every 4 hrs, as needed" and I was coughing quite a bit. I guess 1 tsp is too high a dose or every 4 hrs is too much for me, 'cus I ended up extremely dizzy and naseous, right up until now when I got home. That's over 4 hours! And I don't just mean I felt woozy, I couldn't work! I spent every minute since around 3pm rocking back and forth on my chair trying not to puke. I couldn't read, I couldn't do anything. I ordered supper thinking some food would help, and only managed to eat 2 maki pieces, not even whole rolls. And I had to FORCE myself just to eat those two. Luckily my dad understood and didn't complain about me just sitting there all afternoon and evening.

So I got no knitting done, and I don't think I'll do much tonight. I'm going to crawl into bed and watch CSI and Without A Trace while I tape The Apprentice.

Since I have nothing from today to show, here are two finished pictures of the entrelac in the round tam I made. While I was home on Tuesday I washed it in some Eucalan (my first time using it!) and blocked it on a dinner plate for a few days.



This is the hat, looking very beret-like, on my creepy mannequin.




This pic lets you see the very cool "flower" that's created when you decrease the rectangles on both sides to close the top of the tam. Even though I really look stupid in the hat, it was really fun to make and I would love to make them as gifts if I knew people would wear them. And the scratchy Alafoss Lopi really softens up when you rince it in the Eucalan, now it's soft enough to touch against the face, I wouldn't have done that pre-rinsing!

See you tomorrow. Send lots of prayers that my .pst problems will be fixed by then!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:49 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates