Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
maybe it's just me?
I took Jakob to the movies today. I almost didn't go...the two "Stars & Strollers" movies were Superbad and Evan Almighty. I definitely didn't want to see Superbad, but I'd heard really bad things about Evan Almighty. All the reviews I'd read said it was a horrible movie. I really don't know why- I loved it! Jakob woke up about a half hour into it, and after feeding he spent the rest of the movie sitting on my lap, watching the screen. He LOVED the animals and laughed out loud when he'd see them...which is odd 'cus he shouldn't be able to see that far, I don't think. Anyways, I really enjoyed the movie. I found it funny and sweet, and very well done.
After the movie we went to my parents' house for supper so that my brother Aaron could see Jakob (he'd spent the last 10 days in Shanghai for work and missed his nephew!). I sat outside with Jakob and knit, and when he woke up we both enjoyed the cool evening air. His teeth were really bothering him, and he kept chewing on his fingers. At one point he didn't realize it- but he was giving me the finger!
I love this photo of Jakob and my mom...

I kept knitting after supper when I went outside so Yannick could give Jakob a bottle. He was only marginally more successful tonight, but I think it helps when I'm not physically around for Jakob to hear/smell/see. Plus Yannick doesn't feel like I'm judging his skills as a father in feeding his son if I'm not there to watch...and I think they need time alone anyways, to bond and get to know each other. So I sat outside and knit.


I kept knitting when I got home tonight and guess what? I have a FO!


I saw this cute little cap on someone else's blog yesterday...don't ask me who...I think I'd followed a link for something else and kept browsing. I didn't think it would take too long to knit, and voila- from on the needles to off in one day. I'm not sure if it will need i-cord or ribbon straps, but for now I like it as it is. The only mods I did were to not do the k2togs at the end to go from 7 to 1 st...once I got to 7 I threaded the end of the yarn through and pulled. I didn't want a pointy cap. I'm going to take photos tomorrow 'cus Jakob's sleeping now.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:41 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:00 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Hmm, I may have to rent Evan Almighty. I think a lot of the criticisms I read didn't seem like a big deal to me, but we missed it in the theater (wasn't feeling well most of the summer, so missed a bunch of movies ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates