Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, August 27, 2007
oliver's birthday and jakob's first swing
Yesterday we had our cousin Oliver's first birthday party. For proof that taking photos of your baby in funny hats runs in the family, check here for Robyn's photo of Sean in the same party hat.
I think this is the same photo Robyn posted. All three of us cousins (technically Lisa is married to our cousin Phil) and our boys. Lisa is cracking up because Oliver (the birthday boy) had just stuck his finger up his nose.

Note to self: don't put Jakob in horizontal stripes! Look how chubby he looks!


I had fun playing around with my camera. It has the setting where you can isolate a color and the rest of the photo comes out in black and white. You can't really tell here but the green stripes on Jakob's shirt are still green. This isn't the best example of the color play, but I liked the photo. :)


You ever have one of those days where you don't quite get anything done that you'd meant to, even though you're busy all day?


When I woke up this morning, my only plan was to type up my camera case worksheet so I could give it another go before I send it out for test knitting. Well, I only fell asleep last night at 1:30am (we realized that if we read another chapter of Harry Potter we'd be exactly 1/3 of the way through the book, so even though it was late we just HAD to read!) and Jakob woke up to eat at 6:30, so I was exhausted and slept through to the next feed at 9:30, then tried to doze off with him until the next feed but he woke up at 10:30 and wanted to play.


Once we finished playing I fed him and put him down for a nap, and thought NOW I'll sit at the computer and type up my pattern. Then I decided I'd better eat some breakfast while I had a chance. After breakfast he was fussing, and once I got him sleeping again I made a pot of coffee, prepared a cup, and came up to the office to type. As you can tell by the timing of my last post, I didn't exactly get much pattern writing done. Instead I blogged a bit, then went through my photos from the weekend to see what I wanted to keep. I was about to blog here but wanted to wait for my cousin's photos to see if I wanted any, so while those loaded into our shared file I went through some of my mom's photos.


Before lunch time my friend Debbie called to see if we could get together tonight, and I thought "sure, I'll have had plenty of time to type up the pattern by then!". We made plans for 6:00/6:30. I opened a Word document and began typing up the pattern. Then Jakob started to cry again. Before I could get to him, my friend Maaike called to see if we would be free to go to the park later. Again I thought "sure, I'll be done typing by then, and I can bring it with me for park knitting!". Right.


I kept going through my mom's photos, checking every so often to see if Robyn's were done uploading. By the time they were ready, Jakob was up for real and was hungry. I went to go feed him, then Maaike called to say that they (her daughter and her friend Julie and Julie's kids) we ready to meet at the park. Needless to say I hadn't done more than type up the pattern materials (yarn and needles LOL) so I wasn't able to bring that knitting with me.


Jakob had a great time at the park. He went in a swing for the first time, and loved it! He can't sit up on his own, but it was angled perfectly to hold him up, and he stayed in for about a half hour without fussing once. I was even able to push it and let him swing. I had a great time too, Maaike's friend Julie is really nice and one of her children is close to Jakob's age so I was able to get some advice. Right as I was about to pull out my knitting, Maaike mentioned the time and I realized that I'd better get home before Debbie got here!


Yannick picked up supper, and the four of us had a nice dinner (Yannick, me, Debbie and Yannick's friend Kevin) while Jakob slept. It was nice hanging out like that, I don't see Debbie very often, and while I see Kevin a lot, we don't always "hang out". Later on Yannick's friend Paul came over to help the other two change our garage door opener (the new one sucks and we're going to return it) and Debbie and I came upstairs to play on the computer and with Jakob.


After Debbie left and Jakob was in bed, asleep for the night, I thought to myself "ok, NOW I'll go and type up my pattern, and get some knitting done before bed". Ha!


It's 11:51, I've been at the computer since 10:15-ish, and I have no pattern to show for it. My photos are organized, and this post is done, but pattern? What pattern?


Maybe tomorrow?


I leave you now with this short video of Jakob's first swing ride. If you have speakers on and listen closely, you can hear him "talking" a few times. Enjoy!






Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:36 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:27 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Jakob really loved the swing! That's a great photo of the three of you with your babies. How cute! The camera case pattern sounds great. I'm sure you'll find the time eventually. I'm always amazed at how quickly time flies!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates