Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Jakob was 3 months old yesterday (Friday) - updated
-UPDATED POST-

According to What to Expect the First Year

By three months, your baby
...should be able to:
-on stomach, lift head up to 45 degrees
CHECK

...will probably be able to:
-laugh out loud
CHECK
-on stomach, lift head up 90 degrees
CHECK
-squeal in delight
CHECK
-bring both hands together
CHECK
-smile spontaneously
CHECK
-follow an object held about 6 inches above baby's face and moved 180 degrees-from one side to the other, with baby watching all the way
CHECK

...may possibly be able to:
-hold head steady when upright
CHECK
-on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
CHECK
-roll over (one way)
CHECK
-grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers
Kinda. He'll hold it if you put it in his hand but won't try to grab it.
-pay attention to an object as small as a raisin
CHECK

...may even be able to:
-bear some weight on legs when held upright
CHECK
-reach for an object
He's starting to...
-keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
Sometimes...
-turn in the direction of a voice, particularily mommy's
Sometimes...
-say "ah-goo" or similar vowel-consonant combination
ALL THE TIME
-razz (make a wet razzing sound)
Once...

Wow, what a list of accomplishments! I can't believe he can do so much at so young...and that it was only 3 months ago that he was a little squishy baby. Now he seems so...solid...so much like a really little BOY.

To mark his 3 months, I took him to Sears yesterday for portraits. They came out really cute but won't be ready until Sept 6th. To help Yannick feel included since he had to work, he helped me pick out Jakob's outfits, and he will come back to the mall with me tomorrow to go over the photos and see if he wants to make any changes to the ones I've chosen. With the package I got, we will receive a free 10x13 portrait and I can't wait to hang it up on our wall!

Afterwards I met up with my friend Maaike and her daughter Erika and we went over to Ares. If you like kitchen supplies and equipment I'm warning you now- this place is EVIL. I am amazed that I left without buying anything, it's almost as tempting in there as it is in a knitting store! From there we brought our kids to the park. Maaike had brought her camera and took some really cute photos of Jakob and Erika. This is one of her photos- Jakob is cuddling with Erika's bear Cauliflower.


Julie and Rich came over for dinner later on and we had a bit of a rough time with Jakob as he first refused to fall asleep, then slept for so long he would have missed more than one feeding. I wound up waking him when it had been almost 5 hours since his last feed (and 1.5 hours asleep). He fed well then went to bed around 11:30pm. He woke up next at 7:30 this morning!

Man that sleep felt good! :)

Now we've just gotten home from a little carriage ride over to Maaike's house.

My mom's friend Carol lent us this gorgeous pram. They don't make them any more (for obvious safety reasons I'm sure) and the ones that remain are collector's items. This one has been handed down and lent from friend to friend. I had to promise to guard it with my life!

I was going to go to the dep to buy a newspaper but the carriage is really hard to steer (it only drives straight so turning is a b*tch) and I had a thermos of coffee in one hand. Yannick called and volunteered to pick me up a paper later so I brought Jakob home.

(You can't really tell but I redid my highlights and cut my hair in some long, shaggy layers).

When Yannick got back from his errands we went over to Sears so he could look at yesterday's portraits. He didn't want to change anything, so with the few minutes we had left before Fairview closed we went down to Laura Secord and got ice cream cones. I had the first two-scoop cone of my life- Rolo and Peanut Butter Swirl. YUM!!!

After a late supper tonight we decided to take Jakob for another walk. We tried the pram again, and this time I let Yannick steer. He didn't have much better luck than I did. It has a tendancy to veer to the right, and since the wheels only go straight even he found turning difficult. You have to lift and drop the carriage as if you were going up onto a curb and each time we had to turn Jakob would slide all over the place. Also, the wheels are the exact right size to drop perfectly into the grates in a manhole cover. Not good. When we got home I asked my dad to come by tomorrow with his van and pick it up. I can't work it myself and if even Yannick has a hard time...I don't want to store it in my garage and be responsible for its safety and cleanliness. I'd rather return it and let someone else borrow it, if they want. It's a shame because it's so beautiful and I love walking down the street with it. It's too bad I can't steer it well.

Did I mention I have yet to knit a stitch? I know I will get my work done by the deadline, but man it is hard to find time this week. I get two minutes free...I eat something. I get two more minutes...I shower. A few more...I need a drink...but the pitcher is empty. I make more iced tea...I have to go pick him up again. Tomorrow Yannick is home and I think I'm going to take advantage of that and let him occupy Jakob when its not feeding time...

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:15 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:33 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Little Jakob is quite accomplished!

    I can understand how hard it would be to get knitting time. Babies seem to need constant care (and yet they seem so worth it). I hope you had more time with Yannick home!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates