Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
over the weekend and into the week
This post was originally just titled "over the weekend" but I got delayed in posting and now have an extra two days to catch up. I don't know where the time goes but I can't seem to get anything done!

On Saturday morning I awoke to hear Jakob crying in his sleep...sort of "fussing". I know that sometimes he rolls around and winds up with his arm or legs hanging through the bars of his crib (I almost typed "cage" LOL), so I thought maybe he'd rolled around and gotten stuck. I went in to take a peek...


...he'd rolled onto his stomach! In his sleep he'd managed to roll onto his stomach then realized he didn't know what to do once he got there, so he started to cry. I immediately rolled him back onto his back. He was still crying and I knew if I took him out of bed he'd want to be fed, so I went to the washroom first to wash my hands. I heard him fussing again and when I came back he'd rolled back onto his stomach! I called for Yannick to come, and to bring the video camera. Thank gd he didn't question why- it was around 5:00am! I rolled Jakob back over and as we watched he promptly rolled right back onto his stomach. We managed to catch it on video. Unfortunately Jakob still didn't know what to do on his stomach and began to cry in earnest so I took him out to feed him.

I spent the morning with him at a brunch and old friend threw as a sort of "reunion" for lost friends. Over the years we've all drifted apart so she set up a little group on Facebook and invited everyone from her friends list who lived in Montreal. I didn't know most of the people but I hadn't seen that friend in a long time so I went. Jakob was such an angel- he slept the entire time! He was so good that I was able to take him to the knit-out in the park that was also scheduled for the same day. It was a bit disappointing because only 3 other people were there. I'd gone at the very end, just for a half hour, but they were the only ones who had shown up all day. Then Jakob and I went to FutureShop to pick up my repaired Palm. I was very bitter because Palms aren't supposed to be repaired, they get replaced and I'd received MY original unit back (I'd marked it).

Finally Jakob and I wound up at my parents' house where Yannick was doing some brick work for them. Julie came over to see us then my parents took us to Jade Palace for some Chinese buffet for supper. Yum! Once again Jakob was behaving himself like a perfect little guy and slept the entire time.

When we got home I was worried about how to put him down to sleep. We had been swaddling him but I was afraid that if he rolled onto his stomach he might find a way to get the loose fabric into his mouth. I remembered that I'd bought a sleeping blanket that time we were at Fairview, so I took it out to try it.

It's like a soft flannel sleeping back with shoulder straps.
I knew Jakob would be a bit fussy because he liked to rub the blanket against his cheek, but safety is the priority so we're trying out the sleeping blanket now. I will still swaddle him during the day when I'm able to check on him, but not for over night.

Sunday was spent running around doing errands. First we went to Walmart for a few things and to have lunch at McDonald's. Then we went to a really cool gift store in Pointe-Claire. Yannick had bought me a charm for my bracelet to commemorate our son's birth, but I was afraid the little emerald birthstone might fall out, so I wanted to find out about their warranty. When we left there we went right back to FutureShop since my Palm had died again over night. I complained and said it wasn't easy for me to run around with a newborn, and they were really nice and exchanged it for me right away. My Tungsten T5 wasn't available any longer so they switched it for a Palm TX which came with a cool wireless keyboard and built-in wifi. Finally we went to Fairview because Yannick needed some socks and running shoes, so we went to see my brother Mike at Sports Experts.

Sunday night we went to Yannick's sister's house for cake and coffee for William's birthday (last week) and Alex's birthday (at the end of the month).

We dressed Jakob in this cute little outfit. It had a special meaning- it was part of Brigitte's gift to us at my baby shower.
That night I heard Jakob fussing again and finally went in around 6:00am Monday morning. The little stinker was folding himself in half again but was too tired to roll all the way onto his stomach so he'd make it to his side then pass out. The little cutie. :)

Yannick's parents had to move his grandmother into a new residence and in the process were helping her empty her old place. They came across this framed cross stitch:


This was my first ever attempt at cross stitch. Back in 2003 I was trying to find a gift idea for Yannick's grandmother for Easter since all the cousins brought her gifts but everyone usually brought alcohol. I wanted to be different and found this in a magazine. I loved the image and had Yannick's mom help me change the quote into something in French. I bought all the supplies, did the stitching and beading and had it framed for her just in time for Easter. Now that she's not as well they gave it back to me so we could keep it.

Later on Monday Yannick and I took Jakob back to the Shriner's Hospital. Good news- there is nothing wrong with his hip (last time it looked under developed) and he's just fine. Yay!

Today my mom and I both went to have our hair done so one could watch Jakob while the other was occupied. He was such a little cutie and flirted with all the girls there. We brought him to surprise my dad at work too, then went to Loblaws for some dinner groceries. The little guy woke up when we got there and didn't stop talking out loud the entire time. After dinner with my mom and Yannick, we came home and I had just enough time to feed him before he passed out. I'm going to follow his example now, since we have another busy day tomorrow.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:41 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates