Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, August 10, 2007
another busy day
This morning was so nice! Jakob slept for 8 and a half hours, and woke up in such a good, giggly mood! I got him dressed up in a cute pair of overalls from his cousin Robyn but they are still too big on him so I changed him into a cute onesie (it says "I pulled an all-nighter") and a pair of shorts.

At lunchtime we went on a playdate with my friend Jessica who is in from Toronto with her daughter. I can't believe her daughter will be 1 year old next month. It was surreal to walk along the streets, pushing our kids in strollers. It feels like yesterday that we were in grade 6 and pretending to be superstars.

Later in the afternoon I brought Jakob over to my aunt Fran's house for a birthday party for my aunt Mimi's foster child. Yannick came over after work and was able to spend some bonding time with Jakob. He even got to take him swimming for a little while.

I don't know if there was something in the water, but when we brought Jakob in and tried putting him in his car seat for a nap, he got into SUCH a good mood! He was laughing and giggly and amusing himself completely by kicking around and squirming in his seat until he'd slide to the bottom. He wasn't strapped in because I wanted him to nap and he was right at my feet...don't write me emails tell me I'm being reckless with him. He was being so silly and kept making the cutest faces...here it looks like he's trying to get away from me!
Here are Jakob and Mommy at 12 weeks (and 1 day) old.
I wouldn't have believed it, but he's grown up so much, even since the last few days! All of a sudden he seems much more solid, and playful...with a real spirit. I can begin to see the little boy he will grow up into.
When we got home I fed him and Yannick got to give him a bath. They both had a good time splashing in the water, then I put Jakob into bed and left Yannick with the monitor so I could go take a shower. I just came out...and Yannick is asleep on the couch with the monitor! Great babysitter! I'm going to follow his example and get into bed too...

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:59 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:49 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Those overalls look cute on him! Sean never got to wear them (wrong season!!) I hope Jakob gets to enjoy them. I took Sean today to Walmart to do a photo session, I can't wait until Aug 31 to see the photos. (I don't know why - with today's digital world it takes THAT long to get the photos back... but anyhow)...! I recommend, as soon as Jakob can sit on his own, you take him to Walmart. They have the cutest backgrounds for babies! I should have gone earlier when Sean started sitting on his own.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates