Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, August 25, 2007
catching up wed, thurs, fri and today (sat) and YES i talk about knitting
I don't know where the time goes. I blink and it is a few days after I said I would post. Sorry, loyal reader(s)! :)
On Wednesday my mom, her friend Esther and I took Jakob to go see the movie Stardust. I loved it! They took a while to get the story, but I caught on right away and thought it was amazing. If you like The Princess Bride, you'll like Stardust!

That afternoon we were supposed to have a playdate with Maaike and her daughter, and Robyn and her son, but they both cancelled on me so Jakob and I spent the afternoon making beef jerky for Yannick with our food dehydrator. I like beef jerky too but this time I used the "hot and spicy" spice mix, and it is WAY too hot for me.

On Thursday we spent the morning play around in bed.

We worked on some tummy time, which he is getting much better at. He's always been good at holding his head up, but usually starts to fuss after a few minutes. He is now able to go much longer before getting frustrated or sore (holding up his head).


Thursday afternoon we were invited to join a friend's playgroup. It was so much fun! Her daughter is only 1 day older than Jakob, and they were the two oldest kids there. There were 11 moms and kids total, and the youngest baby is two-and-a-half weeks old. I gave that mom great "props"- I certainly didn't have the energy to go out that early! It was a riot watching all of these babies- just imagine all 11 together once they start to crawl! Right now they're not doing much, but it is more for the mommies to get a chance to socialize. After the playgroup a few of us took our kids out with their strollers for a walk, then I went to the pharmacy then to my parents' house. I had invited myself, Jakob and Yannick over for supper because I was going to go to my friend Jackie's to watch Big Brother at 8:00pm, but Jackie had to cancel so I made sure I was home in time. I fed Jakob and spent the night working on the JCA project some more.

Friday we played around some more then went and did a few errands. I wanted to exchange one of the breastfeeding tops I'd bought at Thyme for a different one that was more flattering, and also wanted to return a toy I'd bought for Jakob since I wasn't happy with it. Luckily both stores were in the same mall so I didn't have to run around too much. Friday night we brought Jakob to my parents' house to babysit and Yannick and I were going to see Stardust (I knew Yannick would love it) but last minute something came up so I came home alone to get a good chunk of knitting done, and Yannick went to help my parents clear out their backyard for a pool they are going to put in. (Yay!) The other good news is: I finished the JCA project! I just have a few ends to weave in, but those suckers are done! I'm very excited because I want to start new things already!

Today we went to Robyn's dad's store and I got my new digital camera. It is the Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital Elph and I am so excited to finally have a camera small enough to throw into my purse or diaper bag. Our current Canon (PowerShot S2 lS) is wonderful but SO bulky! Robyn's sister, my (wonderful, amazing, awesome, great) cousin Amy was working that day and not only gave us great service but made Jakob laugh and smile. After the store we had a playdate walk in the park with my grad date of all people! He had married his high school sweetheart (we had gone to grad as friends, with her permission) and they'd moved to the West Island and had a daughter just 2 months before Jakob was born. We went to Centennial Park and hung out at the dog park for a bit before going to sit by the lake and catch up. I can't believe it- I haven't seen him in 13 years! We found each other on Facebook of all places.

From there we went to my parents' house for a short visit, then came home. We just finished supper and Jakob is napping so I'm going to weave in those ends so I can start working on my next project:

That's the Montego Bay Scarf from this summer's Interweave Knits. It is scarf 1 of my (hopefully) 3 items that I will be donating for my friend's fundraiser auction.

This photo sucks but shows the color of the yarn a bit more true to life. Each strand of color is plied with black. I can't wait to see how it turns out.



Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:28 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:24 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I really like the yarn for the scarf! I've seen several versions and it seems like this pattern turns out very well. I should look through my stash for some yarn to make one myself. It seems like it might be the right thing for California "winter."

     
  • At 8:00 pm, Blogger DamitJanet said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:03 pm, Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said…

    Tried to email you back but I couldn't. Please feel free to use my photos of my Vegas scarfs. Let me know you have them all posted so I can check them out.

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Blogger Amelah said…

    I fixed it but the same way this post mention nothing of your awesome cool cousin Amy who suggested and got you this totally awesome camera???? Just your awesome cousin Robyn???
    lol
    xox

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates