Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, August 19, 2007
lazy sunday- NOT
Isn't he cute? Here's Jakob in the Child's Placket Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. He's wearing it with the same shorts from his bris outfit that were swimming on him then!

But I'll get back to that later.

Yannick and I spent a good part of the morning cleaning the house, then we went to do a few errands. I wanted to get Jakob some links (plastic toy chains) so we can work on his "grabbing", so we stopped at Babies R Us. We then went over to Fairview but they didn't have the household items we were looking for. They did have the same yummy ice cream I had yesterday though! (Bad diet move Jennifer!)

After Fairview we went to see Yannick's cousins and their daughter, then stopped to pick up some photos and groceries at Loblaws. Jakob was so exhausted by that point- he'd hardly slept more than an hour all combined throughout the day. We finally got home around 5:15 and my brother Mike came by to help Yannick move some furniture. Don't think we were able to settle in and rest though- no sooner had we finished eating supper then I had to feed Jakob and we had to leave for cake and coffee at a family member's house for my great-aunt's 75th birthday party.

And that's where the sweater comes in. :)



It has been a bit cool at night lately so I decided to put Jakob in the sweater before he grew too big to wear it. I love it on him! He has no neck in it, but I don't care. I think he looks adorable. The sweater was so easy and fast to make...I can't wait to make a whole bunch more in other colors. The only thing I would change would be to add an extra 2 inches (or more) to the length. I had to keep pulling it down so he wouldn't have his belly button exposed. Other wise it was a hit and I love it!

It was fun getting to see my dad's side of the family tonight. I'm glad we were able to go...we were invited last minute (the adults were all invited but the "kids" were added later...Yannick and I being "kids" in this case) and it was really nice to see everyone. Robyn was there with Sean and I can't believe how much he's growing and developing! He was crawling! I swear this kid couldn't crawl the last time I saw him, and that was only about two weeks ago at Hairspray! I hadn't seen Robyn since then either so I was able to give her the $ for her sock club that I joined. Oh- I forgot to make a link for this earlier...Robyn opened up an online knitting store called Robyn's Nest! Go check her out and shop 'til you drop! I love the mini sock blocker kits, and I can't wait to see September's yarn for the sock yarn club.

(To be fair, I also just realized that I never put a link for Ariadne Knits, the online knitting store run by two of our Montreal Knits members, Molly Ann and Mary. If you shop there please check out Jennie's knitted toy patterns, they are just too cute and I'm so proud of her! When she makes it big as a toy designer, I can say "I knew her when...". (Can I also brag and say that I know Veronik Avery, Mona Schmidt and Kate Gilbert?) I'll shut up now. :)

One last photo of our big boy for the night. *sigh* What a cutie. I know, I'm biased, but I'm so terribly in love with this child.

Ok, enough gushing. I need sleep. I also need to knit. I think if I do one tonight I'll get the other one done tomorrow.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:55 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:18 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    He looks so adorable in that sweater! Such a cutie pie!

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Wow, he really does look great in the sweater! I think the color suits him.

    How do you know so many knitting designers? Are they from Montreal (forgive my ignorance if this is something everyone else already knows).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates