Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, May 13, 2005
Going to be Busy!

See that new stash addition? This is my Wool of the Andes from www.knitpicks.com that I ordered to test out a few design theories. I won't be posting pics because this is a design that, if it works, I'll want to see about publishing/selling somewhere, but I will quite possibly vent about my progress. I haven't felted any of the wool yet, but started swatching it last night (there's a bright green skein missing from this photo) and it's really soft. I'm using it double-strand, and I can't see why it wouldn't felt just as nicely as my favorite Patons Classic Wool Merino.

In other knitting news I'm LOVING having changed my knitting for the seasons. All my summer projects are small and all fit in my knitting bag/oversize purse. I'm still sneaking in progress on the baby outfit and even started my black mohair shrug. The only drawback to the shrug is that it sheds like crazy! I have to lint-brush myself after each knitting session.

If anyone does actually read this, I'm in need of pattern advice! I have 450m (140g) of Fleece Artist Goldilocks (silk, kid and nylon). The colors are stunning, reds with splashes of yellow and green. I need to make something with this, but I have no clue as to what. I'm not adverse to a poncho, but it would have to fit a 45" bust and I don't know if I have enough. Maybe I can knit it loose and airy? I definately can't make a sweater, and I don't think I have enough for a tshirt. I could probably make another shrug, but I don't even know how comfortable I'll feel wearing the first one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I want to knit it and I want to knit it NOW!

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:59 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:20 pm, Blogger kelli ann & lorie said…

    ooh, la, la! look at that array!

    glad to *discover* your blog, see you at a meeting perhaps

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates