Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
As promised...
picture day!

First up is the Truly Wonderful Yada Yada Felted Knitting Bag pattern I designed. I'm still in the process of working it out so I can see if my pattern will be successful. All I can say right now is that I really need to be in the mood to knit on it, 'cus it's huge! The skein of Homespun is provided for scale, and for those who aren't aware, a full skein of Homespun is roughly 10" long. Huuuuuge.

Next we've got the Enchanted Forest Cardigan. What you see here is the finished left front and what I've got of the right front. The reason the left front is still on a holder is 'cus I'd done short rows for the shoulder decreases so I can do a 3-needle BO later, with the matching side of the back piece.

This is pic trying to show more of the cable details in the trees and stuff.

This skein of Fleece Artist Goldilocks is one of the few skeins in my stash that I actually think about on a daily basis. The colors are so breathtaking...you can barely see them here but they swirl from deep rustic reds to the most regal forest green. I've had this skein since last fall without a clue as to what to do with it. I doubt I'd use a shawl the way the one is depicted on the skein, but these colors are so fabulous I need to do something that will show them off. I've decided to try swatching for an open gauge to perhaps make myself a summer poncho. I can't stop thinking about it and NEED TO KNIT IT NOW! So tonight I'll work up a swatch and see what gauge I get, maybe plunk it into the poncho generator or see if I have enough for the Very Harlot Poncho. I just want to make something light and airy for summer, but loose enough to not be too tight on me, especially since I only have this one skein. It's 450m...I think I can stretch it.

Last but not least we have the 100% cotton baby outfit for Jackie and Kevin's baby, due in October. This lovely blue varg is for the jacket, the pants will be all white, and the booties will be the pale blue color seen here in the varg. These are the sleeves (only one shown in the pic) done at the same time on one needle. The pretty eyelet row is the cuff and I'm working my way to the shoulders. I decided to start with the sleeves as my swatch, so in 28 more rows we'll know if I'm on :)

I came to a very important, freeing decision today. This is MY blog. I can say what I want. I know I don't have the world's most famous blog, or even Montreal's most famous. Still, over the last 6 months or so I've found myself censoring myself at certain times, whether it was about my relationship or an online community. I've finally come to the realization that my blog is MY journal, MY thoughts, and if it doesn't truly represent me, then I'm just fooling everyone. So henceforth no more censorship. If I think it, I'll type it, and whoever doesn't like it can take www.jeloca.com out of their bookmarks. I don't care if family or friends or strangers read me...because this is supposed to be ME, and if something is eating at me this is supposed to be my place to vent it, or my place to shout out my pride in achievements. So from now on, welcome to more me!

Veering completely off that topic, I made another freeing decision tonight. There are so many things I want to knit right now so I can wear/use them, and too many things I'm forcing myself to knit because they are wips. Well, rather than be dictated by what's not done, I'm letting myself change with the seasons. I can't bring myself to work on the Enchanted Forest Cardigan or even my Kosher Sweater, simply because it's too hot outside to wear them. On the flip side, there are things I really want to do.

So, away into the seasonal closet goes the Enchanted Forest Cardigan, Yannick's Thrummed Socks (1 still left to do), the Snowflake Headband, and the Kosher Sweater.

Projects to work on this spring/summer are: my felted knitting bag (for as long as I can stand it), the cotton Baby Outift, the Funky Fur Magic bag, the Shapely Tee, a black mohair shrug and whatever the Goldilocks decides it wants to be.

To Shell from the comments: [HUGS] I've missed you! This sure has been a quiet lonely blog without you commenting. I don't know if last year's calendar is still available, but the 2006 one will be available in a few months. If you do a search or check with the Knitlist, I know people are finding them everywhere. P.s. the Belle is the most stunning silvery colors I've seen! I would make a sexy little capelet that you can wear over tank tops or summer dresses, or a little wrap like the one here.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:22 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jennifer,

    I have often censored myself on my blog too. At times I said it all but then at other times I didn't say what I really wanted. It's hard for people to really grasp what we are saying sometimes. Also there are days where I just want to rant about anything/anyone, doesn't mean I hate them just that I'm having a bad day. LOL!

    Let me know if you ever need a test knitter for your design in the works. I'm really bad at getting gauge but felting is forgiving! ;)

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohmy, your Enchanted Forest is dreamy! I'm drooling (and can't imagine being patient enough for that...) Good work!

     
  • At 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew I had seen that pattern before. It was in a library book I kept borrowing and renewing and renewing..just to keep looking at the enchanted forest sweater you're making :) What kind of yarn are you using for it Jennifer. I've recently taken up knitting again and my skill level has grown so much that I'd love to tackle this. It's an intriguing pattern.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates