Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, May 02, 2005
Wool Found!
Thanks to the many helpful people on the MontrealKnits and Knitlist yahoo groups, I've been given a list of white wools that felt well. Some were contradictory (1 person said Cascade 220 in white felts great, another said horrible), but I had enough options that I was able to browse the web. I almost ordered 9 skeins at my LYS in the Classic Wool from Patons, but at $6.50 CAD each it would have been a bit pricey for me to use as testers for my knitting designs.

Lee Ann from MontrealKnits suggested Wool of the Andes from www.knitpicks.com and I'm very excited to announce that I've just placed my order. The yarn is $1.79 US per skein! How can I go wrong? For under what it would have cost me to buy the Classic Wool, I was able to get 2-4 skeins each of MORE colors. (I ordered min. 2 skeins of each 'cus the skeins only have 100 yards and I'm felting so plan on using it double-strand.) Thanks Lee Ann!

Now I have 12-15 business days to wait for my order, which gives me plenty of time to finish up some wips by then. Today's plan:
-finish the left front of the Enchanted Forest cardigan (only 20 rows to go)
-get a good chunk done on the World's Best Felted Knitting Bag Ever (only about 50 rows done so far. *sigh*)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:32 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates