Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, May 07, 2005
Hmm...
Well it appears my blog feed still isn't working. I'm not sure why. I've already changed the location I tell Blogger to publish the feed to, and I've already published the blog once since. I hope I can get this working!

To Jodi from the comments: I'm trying to get this working! As for the bar last night, I got there baout 15 minutes before my friend. I really wanted to knit, but chickened out. I did, however, pull out my Palm and play poker for a while. I figured if anyone were to ask what I was doing, it was cooler to say I was playing Texas Hold 'Em than to be reading an ebook or something. I wish I would have had the guts to knit. Maybe if I was with a group of people. I felt odd enough sitting there alone. In a place like that, being alone means you want to be picked up.

To Dani from the comments:
1) I'm really glad you like the stitch markers. Speaking of them (since you brought it up lol) I have some good news! I'd brought them to my LYS last Monday and showed my knitting teacher (who works there). She loved them, as did the girls in my knitting class. I know I didn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but none of them use the internet in relation to their knitting, and so don't know how popular/common beaded markers really are. Anyways, I left her some to show Beth, the LYS owner, and she told me the next day that Beth loved them but wanted to see them more "jewelled" style. I called the LYS the next day for something and Beth answered the phone, so I asked her what she thought of them. She said again that she wanted to see them more beaded, but that she liked them. I asked if she wanted me to show her some after I make them more jewelled, and she said no, that she'd take any I made and she'd sell them at the LYS! How cool!!! Again, I know how common they are, but my LYS doesn't sell them, just the plain black rings, so I'm really excited about it. I even got Yannick to sit with me Wednesday night and make a couple with me. (He's really talented at the wire bending/cutting part).

2) I'm such a geek. Yannick and I have been borrowing books on cd from the library lately to listen to in the car instead of the radio. Guess how thrilled I am that Wednesday night I managed to get the 4 books in the series (I always forget if there was a fifth after So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish), unabridged and read by Douglas Adams! Score!

3) I know I'm really slow on the pics lately. I seem to have so little time to sit at the computer. I will post progress report pics by Monday latest. For the Enchanted Forest I've finished the left front and have 4" done on the right front, the Funky Fur Magic bag is about 5" high in total, and the Felted Bag won't be touched until tomorrow. On top of that I have a black mohair shrug I'm dying to make, and I went to the LYS tonight and bought yarn and a pattern to make a baby outfit for my friend who's pregnant. At least I have until October for that one.

Thanks for writing! I really appreciate all comments!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:01 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jealous of your book score, my local library is absolutely feeling budget crunch pains. We have books on knitting fromt he late 80's (Most recent ones, honest!) and the audio book section is cassette only - my truck doesnt HAVE a cassette - cd, radio and XM only!

    AWESOME about the LYS and the stitch markers! The smilie ones really do make you smile - you may not have reoinvented the wheel but you put your "spin" on it (sorry, bad pun, I couldnt help it LOL)

    NO RUSH on pics - I am a voyeur and like to live vicariously thru other peoples projects (especially when I have one I MUST work on until it's finished!) I'm sure they will be well worth the wait =)

    Off to see if I can subscribe to your feed now! Have a great day!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates