Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, May 02, 2005
Just let me breathe for a minute, and I'll be fine.
The left front piece of the Enchanted Forest cardigan has 136 rows.

I was just on row 134.

I looked down at the stair-step rows of bind offs, and thought, "There has to be a better way." I've done a 3-needle BO on shoulders before, but not with short row shaping for the bind offs on the sides, just on the remaining sts on top. I thought, "This won't be too hard!" and decided to use my book on finishing to walk me through the short rows in preparation for a 3-needle BO. I was so proud of myself. I was invisioning how nicely my shoulder seams would be, and how clever was I for coming up with this?!?

I looked down to where the BOs started. At row 111. I thought, "That's nothing. I can frog down to row 112, tink the row to put the sts back on the needle, work the short rows and be finished the front with the piece on a st holder before dinner time."

I frogged down to row 112.

I tinked down to row 111, putting the sts back on the needle.

I looked closely at my pattern.

That's when I noticed that the BOs I was planning to short row were the NECKLINE decreases. Last time I checked, neck openings weren't seamed shut.

Oh well. At least I had the idea, that's what counts right?

Now to redo the next 25 rows. Again.

I can't believe I ripped from row 134. For nothing.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 4:13 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates