Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, May 02, 2005
Just let me breathe for a minute, and I'll be fine.
I'm now officially finished the left front piece of the Enchanted Forest cardigan. I was almost finished at 4pm this afternoon, but then...well..my brain decided to kick in.

See, I was looking down at the stair-steps of all my BO rows (I'd forgotten to slip the first st of each BO section) and thought that there must be some better way. Then I remembered short row shaping for doing a 3-needle BO for the shoulders. "How clever of me!" I thought. Sure I was on row 134 of the 136 row piece. It didn't matter, I'd just rip a few rows and start over at the beginning of the BOs.

So I frogged down to row 112, then tinked back to place the stitches on the needle, ready to begin at row 111.

Then I looked at my pattern again.

Ahem. Those unattractive BOs? Yeah, those were my NECKLINE BOs. Last time I checked, necklines weren't seamed shut.

I breathed deeply for a few moments, calmed myself, and re-did all the knitting I'd spent the afternoon doing.

On a postive note, this time I DID implement the short row thing on the 3 big 12-st BOs for the shoulders, (on the armhole side this time). I verified the pattern, and since there is a division for the back neck, and both shoulder sides have the same no of sts as the 2 front pieces, I'm golden.

Next time I'm reading the pattern FIRST, listening to my brain LATER.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:35 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates