Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, May 13, 2005
Addendum to Previous Post
A few things I forgot to mention:

1) I'm officially announcing myself as a test study. Summer has arrived, or at least spring. I am nowhere near bathing-suit ready. About 3 years ago I was, and have the pics to prove it (not that you'll see the Cuba bikini shots here!). Then I quit smoking and put on...well...weight. I'm not going to get into specifics with actual poundage here because let's face it, I'm a woman and it's in my nature to want to be less than the scale says. But I'm sick of having to buy tons more yarn to knit stuff for me, and of watching all the really cute patterns go by 'cus they wouldn't fit me right now. Well, most of them wouldn't fit anyone over a B cup, but that's besides the point. I've been doing the diet things, inasmuch as I try to eat healthy but give in to cravings once in a while. I'm not worried about the food, it's the exercise I'm SUPER LAZY on. I can get home from work and sit down to knit for 5 hours, but ask me to give up one of those hours to work out and all of a sudden I have impending deadlines. I do have a treadmill that I borrowed from my parents, but it's so hard to have the drive even though I have the motivation. My motivation? Well, besides wanting to be more fit and fit into most of the clothes in my closet, I have 2 weddings this summer, 1 in the fall when I'm a bridesmaid, and ideally at one point I'll be getting married and have to get a dress. So what am I going to do about this? Ok, you're going to laugh, but I'm going to Oxycise.

[insert blank stares and hysterical laughter here]

I know, I know, it's an urban myth that anyone can lose weight from those informercial products. But I'm still going to try. I have the level 1 tape that I bought about 8 years ago. (Back when I was skinny- see, it DID work!) Today I ordered levels 2, 3 and 4, plus an abs/upper body tape and a CD for the car. This is my plan: the new stuff won't arrive for about 3 weeks. Until that time I will do the first tape once a day, every day. If possible, I will do it twice. Once the new tapes arrive they will move into rotation, along with the CD which will be done on route to work each day. I will post any progress, in inches and/or pounds lost here in my blog. Feel free to mock or encourage...at least I'm doing something, right?

Oh, and I'm not going to explain what Oxycise is. Not ready for that much ridicule yet, I'm actually quite surprised that I'm typing all this in the first place!

2) I forgot to open my email before blogging, so forgot to respond to anyone who left me a comment. Here goes:

To Vidardottir from the comments: Thanks so much for the kind words about the Enchanted Forest Cardigan! I really love it, and can't wait to wear it. Even though I put it away for the summer, I'm sure there will be times when I'll crave a little complication and pull it out, even if it's only for a few rows.

To Shell from the comments: I'm guessing the "perfect" comment is for the idea of what to do with your yarn? It really is such a gorgeous color! Reminds me of fairy wings or angel dust or something. I hope your kids are feeling better!

To Kajin from the comments: Hiya! I've heard your name mentioned on other Montreal blogs or at the knitting meetup, but we haven't met yet. I'm hoping to be at the next meetup at Gare Centrale, if I can get Yannick to take me through a test-run drive downtown so I don't have to worry about getting lost on the way. :) And thanks re: Enchanted Forest. Honestly I'm making it mainly 'cus it looks really impressive. I want to wear it and have people ask "You didn't make that...?" so I can say "Yes I did!".

To Jo from the comments: Sorry for the delay in replying! It's actually your honesty in your blog that inspired me to not limit myself in mine. I'm not at test-knitter points yet, but once I have a working product I'll give you a shout. (If your're not afraid of felting in the round with bobbins of color)

3) On my final note: I brought over the stitch markers I made to Beth from The Wool Shop, and she's taking them all! [insert HUUUUUGE grin here] So if you're even in Montreal and want some beaded stitch markers and feel too lazy to make your own, head over to Pointe Claire and look for the label that says "handmade by jennifer" on it!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:39 am  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates