Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Ask and ye shall receive!
Wow! I'm so thrilled that people actually answered my call for comments on the RAOK board! Thanks guys!

To Gina: thanks for the kind words! Sam's actually pretty laid back, so I knew he wouldn't mind the coat. I was more worried he wouldn't sit still long enough for me to take the picture.

To Mar: I think the coat is adorable too. It's one of my favorites of the ones I sell. If your daughter ever wants one, the pattern is the Snazzy Jacket with Faux Fur from The Gift Knitter by Tara Jon Manning. (And yes, I have the publisher's permission to sell items I hand-knit from the book's patterns.)

To itgirl (Rebecca): As I mentioned to Gina, Sam is REALLY laid back. Even when we had Yannick's 4 nephews sleep over (all under 8 years old) they were carrying him around and lying on him, and he just sat there and took it. Plus his front claws are declawed, so I didn't have to worry all that much. :) Thank you for mentioning the socks I'm knitting. They're my first attempt at lace knitting, and my first time working from a chart. Not my first socks though. They're the ones labeled "24" in this pic:


and they're from this book:



which I really love and really recommend. There are 31 patterns in here! 22 for socks, 5 kids' sweaters, 2 womens' and 2 men's, all really nice (except that they're worked in sock yarn so they take forever lol).

To Jenifer: I'm glad Sam sat still for the pic, although I don't think pink is really his color. I think the jacket will look much better on the Maltese/Bichon Frise it was made for! I'm glad to know I didn't miss an issue of knit.1 though. I really like some of the patterns! There is a sweatshirt in the first one I can't wait to make, plus a whole bunch of other things. I'm looking forwards to the next issue.

To Julie: thanks! I'm glad you like the coat, and when I do have kids one day and torture them, I'll explain to the authorities that you said it was ok. ;) "But officer, I had permission...." LOL Although I can't wait to have kids so I can knit for them one day.

To Chelsea: I will be going to swipe that button tomorrow, I'll do anything if it will encourage people to comment! I upkeep this blog for myself but it's nice to know if anyone actually reads it! And Sam wants to thank you for calling him a "kitten". He'll be 5 April 1st but is really flattered you think he still looks young. I'm not kidding, he's actually preening in the mirror as I type this. :)

To kmckiernan (Keri): Thank you for coming by and posting! (And I won't tell Sam you called him a girl. His ego is fragile- see above comment to Chelsea) :)

A big thank you to you all for posting, and to anyone else who comes by and drops me a line, I promise to write a little something back. I really appreciate this!

As for today, some minor knitting content. I dropped off the jacket at the pet accessories store. They liked it, but I was disappointed to find out the two other custom ones I made didn't fit the intended dogs. I know I triple-checked my work, even to the point of rolling up towels to the required diameters to check the fit, so I doubt it's my work. Either I was given the wrong measurements, or the woman tried them on the wrong dog (I made 2 different sizes) or I don't know what's wrong, but it bugs me. Anyways, I sold the jacket and got orders for 2 more. These won't be custom, just for stock. 1 is an Aran so I'll get to practice my cables, and the other has a kangaroo pocket and some chain-stitch embroidery, so I'll get to work on my lettering skills.

Now off to bed 'cus we went to see the late show of Constantine but I still work tomorrow. The movie was great btw, really, really enjoyed it. Oh, and if anyone goes to see it, stay until the end of the credits, there's a little bit more coming.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:36 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll have to see if I can't find a picture of my oldest when he was a baby. He had an adorable little sweatsuit that was all yellow and the hood had an orange duck's bill on the front with appliqued eyes above. I know he's set that forth as a prime example of kid torture. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates