Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Snazzy Jacket the Second Complete!
I was back at work today, that gastro thing really is only 24 hrs (thank God!). Didn't do any knitting at work but on my lunch and dinner hours I did catch up on reading some knitting mags I'd bought previously. Read the latest knit.1, Knitters and Creative Knitting. I have to say, of the 3 I really preferred knit.1. And while I am under 30, I'm not the hip, urban, New Yawk type who seem to be the target audience. I just honestly think that off the patterns in each mag, I prefer those and would actually make them. I'm not into ponchos and can crochet an afghan much faster than knit, and the patterns in Knitters are just boring! I've seen the same things everywhere else but with more pizzazz.

No, much as the covers throw me 'cus they try so hard to be "raw" and "edgy", I really enjoy knit.1. I hope I remember to buy it each season. I just realized I'm missing the Winter one. I have Fall 2004 (the premier issue) and the Spring 2005. If anyone out there has a copy of the Winter 2004 issue please let me know? I'd love to buy it from you!

Now for the FO. I worked on it during CSI and Without a Trace and even had time to make up my little labels. I'm so glad I'd bought a grommet tool through Crafter's Choice a few months ago, it really gives the labels a bit of a polish. So now the Snazzy jacket is officially finished and ready to deliver tomorrow. Commission date to delivery date = 1 week. Not too bad, I think.

I love this pattern! It works up fast, it's not difficult, and it's so cute! Plus you can customize the buttons and "fur" to make it really unique.

Here is the finished jacket:



I loved how it turned out, but really wanted to see it on a model. I knew it wouldn't fit Yannick, so I turned to the next best thing. Oh yes. Sam.

Tee hee hee

*giggle*

*grin*

Can't you just tell I've scarred him for life? He's trying to uphold his masculine dignity, but really, who can be dignified in hot pink fun fur? I know. He'll be in therapy by his teens. God help me when I have real kids to torture!

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:42 pm  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:18 am, Blogger Gina said…

    I'm impressed that your cat even went for a modeling session of the coat. I think my cat would just tear me apart and then run for cover if I came at her with clothing!

    The coat and your kitty are adorable

     
  • At 12:26 am, Blogger Mz Mar said…

    Ok~~here I am to make you feel better---another comment!!
    The coat is adorable!! Hope my daughter never sees it --she'll be harassing me to make a couple for her dogs!!
    Happy Knitting!!
    Mar

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger itgirl said…

    Yeah. My cat would have been clawing at that before you even got the neck over his head. Those would be the pictures I posted on my blog. Come to think of it, that would be kind of funny. But I can't believe your cat is so patient! Anyway, great job! But I love the sock you're working on, being a sock-obsessed type myself.

     
  • At 9:39 am, Blogger jen said…

    How cute is that coat?? I love it! My cats would never wear then ... unless they maybe had catnip in them, but then they'd just tear them off anyways! Anyhow -- yes, I think that the fall issue was the fall/winter issue, and despite the over-marketing to "hip youngsters" -- I, too, think that the patterns are pretty wearable! I haven't bought the spring issue yet -- but I'm going to, because I have 4 skeins of Homespun waiting for that coat! Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

     
  • At 3:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heck, what *else* are kids for if you can't torture them? ;) It came out really cute!

     
  • At 3:28 pm, Blogger Chelsea said…

    Hi Hi! If you pop on over to Ann's blog (http://www.purlingswine.com/purlingswine) she has a great button with "would it kill you to comment" on it! That might encourage more folks to drop you a note.

    The sweater and fair isle both look great! What a patient kitten you have to sit through a photo shoot!

     
  • At 3:47 pm, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said…

    What a cute little kitty, I can't believe she is so patient! Love the coat, it looks awesome!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates