Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Quick Takes
First, here's the knitting I did last night, everthing under the pink line is new:



I chose to work on the lace sock. It "fit" better with my mood, I wanted something fine and precise. After picking up the sts for turning the heel I did the short rows. I really like this heel technique! It's kinda hard to explain how it looks, basically if you looked at the bottom of the foot, the flap technique goes straight across the back of the heel, even though the heel is curved. The technique I used here actually creates a curve that follows the natural shape of the heel. It looks really good.

I was going to stop the sock and work on something else, but then I got caught up in doing the instep decreases. I had 2 things going on at the same time: on the one hand I had my decrease round followed by 2 plain rounds, which I had to repeat until back to 16 sts on each needle. On the other hand I had my lace chart pattern being worked on the center 2 needles, and had to keep track of which row I was on because my odd rows were the pattern (and it's a 48 row repeat!) and my even rows were just k the ks & yos, p the ps. I didn't want to put it away and try to leave myself a note about "start on row 17 of lace chart but 1 row after the dec row" or something, so I just kept going until I was back at 16 sts and able to relax and just do the foot. Well. I made it to 16 sts/needle at 11:00pm once CSI: Miami was over. So I didn't get to work on anything else, but it was a nice chunk of progress on the sock.

To Beth from the comments: Thank you for your kind words about my family's story. I hesitated on sharing, but needed to be able to explain why I chose the Lakeshore Hospital...even though they killed my uncle last year.

To Jo from the comments: *blushing* Thanks! I knew we were born the same year, didn't I mention it in the email I sent you? I didn't know you read my blog...mainly 'cus you never replied to my email LOL. At the time when I made that post about adding entries stuff was wrong, mainly my relationship, but has since been resolved. Which is why I was able to go back and start posting again.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:45 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates