Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, February 18, 2005
Friday, after the fact
(actually being posted on Feb 21 'cus I was too busy/lazy to post on time)

Today was fun! On my lunch break I went over to the pet accessories store to bring in the 2 commissioned dog sweaters. I was very proud of my work, had made them exactly custom to size to fit the dogs' measurements, and had even prepared a little pattern and price list. I gave in the sweaters and she seemed to really like them! She paid me for them and even gave me another order! I went back to work very happy. I've sold the crocheted pig, but this was my first knitting sale, and I got exactly the price I asked for them.

We weren't supposed to be seeing Julie and Rich tonight because we got together (well, with Julie anyways) last Friday, but they called on their way in and asked if we'd like to join them for supper, so we went. I was able to squeeze in a few rows of reinforced heel before leaving, none afterwards 'cus we got home too late.

I LOVE the reinforced heel! When I'd done Yannick's socks I just did stockinette st for the heel, which looks nice but can wear out faster. The reinforced heel is so easy, just doing k1, sl1 for the k row and still purling the p row, but it creates such a nice, almost quilted fabric! I will definately be doing this from now on, all thanks to Nicole (my knitting teacher) who showed it to us on Monday.

And to "Creative Genius?" from the comments (sorry I don't know your name):
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who plays with time! The way I see it, not many people probably read my blog on a daily basis, so I'm not really messing anyone up! :)

And to Michelle from the comments:
Thanks for the cyberhug! It was really appreciated! :]
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:04 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates