Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, June 20, 2008
693
Holy cow. My silly little blog jumped from an average of 30 visitors each day to 740(!!!!!!) yesterday! Of those, 693(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) of you got here by following a link on the Yarn Harlot's website.

Wow. And she didn't even post a photo of the full sock! Y'all came on over based on a teaser!

I'm flattered! I'm also guessing that you're not here for Jakob, or to find out what I'm knitting now. So here is the information you're probably looking for:

"Phlox Socks" is the pattern I designed for the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club Kit. I put a little teaser of my own in the left sidebar over there because I need to give international members a chance to receive their kits before I post the full photo. (Any of you who have received your kits can post photos, by the way. It's only me who needs to wait). :)

I'll be posting photos and full details of the sock here and at the sock's page on Ravelry on July 1st.

The pattern will be available for purchase on October 1st. (Sock club members have a short exclusivity on the pattern).

I hope it will be worth the wait!

---

In other news, I'm still rushing to finish Eden's shrug. I don't have a photo to show you, as my camera is packed. After running around to pack up Jakob's and my stuff last night, I didn't have the energy to sit down and do any more knitting. I have finished the front ribbing and only have the narrower back ribbing and cuffs to do. I'm sure I can finish them and the seaming in the car, if necessary.

As an aside- why is it that for every trip, even day trips, *I* end up running around like a chicken with no head ticking stuff off of lists to make sure I've packed everything for myself and Jakob, food, clothes, toys, etc... while Yannick calmly watches TV or whatever then last minute throws some of his clothes in a bag and calls himself "packed"?

I'm not complaining, really- I'd much rather know that I did the packing so I know everything is there and nothing is missing...but it does irk me a bit when I'm scrambling like mad, staying up really late to get it all done, but meanwhile he goes to bed early.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:43 am  
7 Comments:
  • At 9:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is the yarn used for the Phlox Socks shown, please? I couldn't find your email address anywhere on your blog. Thank you.

     
  • At 10:56 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Wow! Your 15 minutes of knitting fame have arrived!!! :) Hopefully it'll be more than 15 minutes, and I'll be able to say I knew you when...

    Oh, and re packing: I think it's to do with the Y chromosome. You know, as in "Y" should I do it when I've got a wife?

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger Amelah said…

    All men are like that!!! For my trip, 3 days before i made a list and slowly stating packing.
    The night before mark throw some stuff in a bag, and by the time we got there he completely forgot if he even had under wear lol!

     
  • At 7:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Love this sock, and the yarn. Please let me know as soon as you release the details.

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger kate-the-enabler said…

    So funny - I read the Yarn Harlot, and was on my way over to write you a comment saying 'hey - didja notice that you ARE the YH's blog today' - then I laughed out loud reading your post.
    OF COURSE you noticed.
    Congratulations.
    (I'm being foiled in starting your socks as the two places I've tried to buy the right needles at have been out of stock. Clearly I'm not meant to Phlox this weekend.)
    Safe travels

     
  • At 8:54 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Congrats again for being Harloted for your pattern! YEY! xoxo

     
  • At 11:33 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Congrats on the pattern recognition! I'm sure this is just a sign of things to come as your designs make their way out into the knitting world. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates