Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Happy Father's Day!
A big "Happy Father's Day" to all the fathers, grandfathers, foster parents, step-fathers, and any man who makes a positive difference in a child's life. You rock!

In honor of Daddy's Day, I'll share with you some photos of Yannick and Jakob at the park on Saturday evening.

...watching the planes go by. Jakob HAS to stop, stare and usually point EVERY time a plane goes by. He loves them!
...watching a squirrel run up a tree.


...and exploring the "jungle" pathway near our house.

We had a really fun time at the park, and I was so happy to watch them together that I didn't mind pushing the empty stroller around. Honest. ;)

We hit a little milestone last week- Jakob is no longer in his bucket! He's officially tall enough to be out of it, AND is past the weight maximum, so I brought him over to the police station and had a nice officer install his new car seat for me. It's also his first time being forward-facing in the car, and it took him a day or so to get the confused look off of his face.

I knew the Mary Maxim submission would be coming to an end soon (I have to mail it on Monday), so I started pulling out my supplies for the next project. These are my two yarn choices for Eden's shrug:

The first is some pink Cindy Cotton Look that I inherited from my grandmother. I have 2 huge cakes of this stuff, and no ideas for a good project. I thought it would be really sweet for the shrug, and if the gauge works out, this is my first choice.
As a second option, I have more of my seemingly-never-ending supply of dusty rose Patons Decor. I swear this stuff seems to multiply in my stash. I'm sure the gauge will work for this, but it would make a much different garmet, much heavier and "wintery", and I hope I don't have to use it.

I'm sure I have a ton of other options in my stash too, should neither of these work. But I'll be swatching tonight and will have a better idea of what will work later.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:59 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:13 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    Very sweet pictures of the men in your life!

     
  • At 12:01 pm, Blogger Tara said…

    I can't believe how grown-up Jakob looks! And I agree, the Cindy yarn will work better with that shrug pattern (which is just adorable!).

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Blogger kate-the-enabler said…

    What wonderful pics of Yannick and Jakob. Looks like a pretty blissful day.

    I loved the day we got to turn Aidan around in the car...it made ALL the difference to his happiness in long trips - and isn't it nice to be able to see his face now when you turn around, or are in the passenger seat? Good milestone :)

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Maaike said…

    Nice pic of the jungle. Where-ever did you get that name? Do the kids still follow you when you walk past there?
    Pretty soon, Jakob will start imagining all kinds of animals in the jungle - lions and tigers and bears Oh! My!

    I like the Cindy for girly stuff too. It looks much nicer and softer than the Decor. Hope the guage works. Then again, if it's not too off, you can probably make for a bigger/smaller size and it should work too. The kid will grow into it eventually :-)

    Interesting that you're stash diving for this one... I'm so proud of you.

     
  • At 6:54 pm, Blogger Karin said…

    How cool! I have never met another English-speaking mom with a son named Jakob with a "k" before. My Jakob is graduating from Hight School next Sunday.

     
  • At 8:56 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Congrats to Jakob for the seat! Is your seat in the middle of your back seat? Do you find it hard to put Jakob in and out of it in the middle? I had to keep it on the side of the backseat while pregnant, because I couldn't get him in and out in the middle (too far into the car to bend!)

    Looks like you guys had a great father's day!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates