Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
poetry and a meme
A while ago, Interweave Knits sponsored a poetry contest through their blog, Knitting Daily. Yannick and I had each entered a poem (but I'd written both...shhh!)

Seeing as how we didn't win, or even place, I figured I'd share the poems with you now. The rules were simple- the poem could only use the words found in the Magnetic Poetry Set that Interweave sells.

The grand prize was to have your poem knit into a pair of mittens, and the other prizes were copies of Interweave's knitting books and stuff like that. Anyone else but me think the other prizes were all much better than the grand prize??

Anyways, here are my two poems.
and
If you'd like to see the poems that did win (and deservedly so!), click here.

And now, a meme. Laura tagged me, so I'm playing along.
The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Thing the first: I can scream really, really loud. When I was in the play The Wizard of Oz when I was about 8, I played a munchkin and a flying monkey. When the flying monkeys captured Dorothy and pulled her offstage to take her to the Wicked Witch of the West, I was her stand-in scream because I was the loudest.
Thing the second: I've been in a bunch of plays: The Wizard of Oz (twice), Annie, Grease (twice, I think), The Sound of Music, I Remember Mama, Hair, Bye-Bye Birdie, Senior Square, Anything Goes, and I know I'm forgetting some. These aren't in order. The biggest part I had was in I Remember Mama, I played Dagmar, an 8 year old girl. I was 18 at the time.
Thing the third: The best compliment I ever got after a show was when I was brought out to meet a little girl after a performance of I Remember Mama. They told her "this is her" and she started to cry and said "No! I wanted to meet the girl who was little, like me!".
Thing the fourth: While most smoked herbal cigarettes, some of us smoked real cigarettes on stage during Hair. It was not as exhilarating as I'd thought it would be to blow smoke rings in front of my parents.
Thing the fifth: I miss being in shows and performing in front of a crowd. I've never, ever had stage fright.
I'm not tagging anyone, so yes, I'm breaking that rule. I like playing these things, but not everyone does, so if you want to play, consider yourself tagged.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:03 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:53 pm, Blogger Tara said…

    I really missed being on stage too, until I joined the choir. hint hint?

     
  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Thanks for leaving the comment about the Hanging towels. I hope you found a few other patterns that you like? Seems I ended up thinking of useful items to post patterns for. Then I start making them by a ton! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it bunches and bunches!

    happy knitting!
    cathy
    ps..your guys are so cute! What a happy family you all make!

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Nice poetry! There's no accounting for some people's taste. ;)

    As for the acting, once Jakob is older perhaps you can do community theater?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates