Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
a week of pink knitting
I finished the Mary Maxim contest thingie on Sunday afternoon, right in between brunch with Yannick's family and dinner with my family. They should have recieved it already (must go check that online!) and the judging takes place next week, so once I hear back from them I'll post some photos of that project.

Once we'd got home and put Jakob to bed I swatched for Eden's shrug. I swatched the Cottonlook first because I really wanted to use it, and luckily I got gauge easily with the required needles. It's such a completely different fabric than I would have obtained with the Decor- the CL can actually be used on smaller needles so working on a 5mm results in a slightly open fabric that has a lot of drape, but the yarn (which is probably an acrylic/cotton blend) behaves as if it were a cotton/linen blend. In fact, it feels/looks remarkably similar to the Sirroco yarn I'd used for my Shapely Tank a few years ago. In any case, it will be a nice, light garment that will be perfect to wear over a short sleeved or tank topped dress.
So the swatch was done on Sunday, and then I ripped it out and began the shrug itself. The above photo shows my progress when I went to bed Sunday night.
I tried to get a closeup of the knitting but it doesn't do the drape of the fabric justice.
This is where I was as of Monday night. It's a fast knit!

There is no Tuesday night progress photo because I had no Tuesday night. I don't know what came over me, but I was yawning during my whole drive home from work, and once Yannick came home and was able to take over playing with Jakob, I just crashed. I was actually asleep BEFORE 8pm for the first time in...I can't even remember how long.
Here's last night's progress. All that remains to do is to pick up around the neck/back and do a few rows of ribbing, then the same thing on each cuff. I'm hoping to finish it tonight so it will be ready and wrapped before we meet Eden for the first time.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:26 pm  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates