Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, June 14, 2008
no kay eye pee for me
While much of the knitting community celebrates WWKIP day (World Wide Knit In Public Day), I didn't really get a chance to participate. I would have loved to have been with my fellow guilders at the annual end-of-the-year garden party, and I would also have loved to be with the West Island Knitters over at the food court at Fairview (and not only for the vast array of food- yum!).

But, alas, I had to work today. My only bit of knitting solidarity was to work a few rows at lunch time, while I re-read a Cory Doctorow short story and ate last night's leftover risotto. (Yay for the auto-scroll feature in eReader!). I wasn't about to ask for the day off when I'm going to get a very nice deal over the next two months- the week of the St-Jean Baptiste holiday my store switches from Tues-Sat to Mon-Fri. I have Jakob's playgroup on Monday afternoons. I was heartbroken at the thought of not being able to go for 2 months (I mean Jakob was, yeah, that's it) so we arranged a deal: I will go in from 9-12, give Jakob lunch, then leave for playgroup. My mom, who will have retired by then, will go in from 12-as long as she can stand it and replace me. I can't believe they're letting me do this, so I'm not going to try and pull any "favors" for a while!

Knitting news- I've almost finished the Mary Maxim submission. I have decided against doing a second design- mostly because everything I come up with I like too much to give away. So the one design it is. I'll be losing the $5 entry fee, but saving my sanity. A fair trade! (Nice to know my sanity is only worth $5, but hey).

So I'm already thinking about my next project, which is for baby Eden and needs to be done by next weekend. I went through some of my pattern books and Ravelry, and decided to do the Debbie Bliss Baby Shrug. (Ravelry link here, non Ravelry link here). It's a free pattern, it's really cute and is perfect for layering. I've already added it to my Ravelry notebook here for those who like to follow along.

No matter what I need to finish the Mary Maxim thing by Monday because that is my deadline for mailing it to Ontario on time, so as soon as I finish it I will be swatching for the shrug.

Next time- a post with photos!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 3:57 pm  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates