Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, February 24, 2008
the things we do to get kids to eat (and laugh)
So I was watching the nine hundredth repeat of the premiere of Girlicious on Much Music. I know. Does the world really need Girlicious? I don't think so, but what do I know? Anyways, during the fifty million commercial breaks, they aired the American Idol video game commercial about 10 million times. In the commercial they sing along to Fergie's hit Glamorous, and it got stuck in my head.

Fast forward about an hour later and I can't stop singing just that part, of just that song. The portion that they sing in the commercial is the following:

G-L-A-M-O-R-OUS

We flying first class
Up in the sky
Poppin' champagne
Livin' my life

Well, I was feeding Jakob lunch and trying to get him to eat his veggies when all he wanted were the toast, cheese and orange waiting for him. Suddenly puree of brussels sprouts was not so interesting. What do I do to get him to eat? Start singing of course! What did I end up singing to him?

B-R-U-S-S-E-LS

It's flying first class
into your mouth
They're from Brussels
and they're sprouts

Hey- stop laughing- it worked!

p.s. I don't know if Brussels Sprouts are actually from Brussels but it worked for the song. :)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 2:48 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:57 am, Blogger Tara said…

    GOD! Don't turn him into a Fergie fan!!!! (I HATE that chick).

     
  • At 11:31 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Hey, whatever works! I know someone who uses the Amy Winehouse song about rehab, but instead replaces rehab with bed to sing to her toddler. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates