Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, February 23, 2008
can infants make a decision?
Yesterday, when preparing Jakob's lunch to bring to work, I held out 2 cubes of meat to him - a dark cube of beef in my left hand, and a light cube of chicken in my right. I offered him the choice. He reached for my right hand, so I included the chicken with his veggies.

Today I offered him the same choice, but I switched hands. I had the chicken cube in my left hand, and the beef in my right. Jakob was sitting in Yannick's lap, and I held both cubes an equal distance away from him. He looked up at me, looked at the cubes, and immediately reached for my left hand - the one with the chicken.

Is it possible he's making a choice? I know he doesn't understand that one is chicken and one is beef and he might like one taste more than the other...but could he be making a clear choice between the light cube and the dark cube?
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:01 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:47 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Maybe it's the color he's drawn to?

    They obviously know what they eat and how it tastes (and the color), so maybe that's why!

    There are things that Sean's not too keen about eating, and he knows by the color, he closes his mouth when I try to feed him those certain items.

     
  • At 8:56 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Of course he can make decisions! I remember Emilie having a favourite book when she was about 9-10 months old, and I'd ask her what she wanted to read. This one? This one? She'd whisper No until I got to THE book, then hold her hands out. It was adorable. Maxime doesn't verbalize his choices yet, but it's clear when he doesn't want something! LOL!

     
  • At 11:28 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    At some level he's making a choice. From your two days of testing it's hard to know what is driving that choice, but he definitely is showing a preference. I'm sure he'll be making lots of choices soon, whether you like it or not. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates