Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, February 07, 2008
thursday's stuff
Mommy with Jakob at 38 weeks. One more week and he'll be at the same number of weeks of my pregnancy he was born at (he was delivered at 39 weeks).
The next photo isn't the most flattering of me, but I have to share it.
Jakob gives kisses. It's the cutest thing ever- he actually takes your face in his hands and plants one on you. It's usually open-mouthed, and mostly slobber-covered, and occassionally he bites, but they are kisses just the same. Sometimes he grabs me for a kiss at least 10 times in 3 minutes, and if I don't get my face up to his fast enough, he grabs me by my hair and pulls me to him. We were at my cousins' store this afternoon and Amy caught this photo of him kissing me.
He's so delicious!
She also caught a photo of his other latest thing:

He waves!

I forgot to post this yesterday, but last night Yannick helped me wind these two skeins of Woolly Bully by hand. Um, yeah. Two skeins. This is a case (Maaike) where a yarn purchase ISN'T a yarn purchase. I already HAD one skein, so I only bought a second one so I'd have enough to make something worthy of it. (I asked Yannick, he said it was ok). :) These balls are huge! Each one is the size of a cabbage!

Here's the latest on the Silk Rumple shawl. Again, everything from the orange pin (on the right) and up is the new stuff from today.
And finally, here's tonight's final view of the striped scarf. I'm at 118 stripes, but realized this am that it doesn't really matter if I beat Maaike in the stripe count unless I beat her by a lot. I have only 41 sts per row, whereas she has 45. So for example, last night she'd knit 92 or so stripes and had finished the first 2 balls, but I'd knit 98 and needed another 10 or so stripes to finish them. I finally finished mine, though, and am about 10 stripes into the new balls. This officially makes me more than halfway through!

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:56 pm  
5 Comments:
  • At 8:31 am, Blogger Maaike said…

    Couple of questions --

    1: if Yannick bought me some Wooly Bully (which he did), do I get to go and buy some more to have a second ball? Just kidding, I'll do with this one, and will probably make something for Erika.
    2: no fair on the stripe count. I was up until 10 last night putting up insulation, and then was too pooped to knit. Are you secretly bribing your husband to give me tons of 'home'work so I don't have stripe time?

     
  • At 9:14 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I saw those pics yesterday when I went to the game with Amy, she showed them to me. Very cute.

    I agree with Maaike, Yannick should buy her some too to make it fair. LOL.

     
  • At 3:05 pm, Blogger Amelah said…

    Very adorale! Glad i was able to catch those photographs for you!
    I enjoyed the "private" time Jakob!! No other family to fight over to hold him!!
    xox

     
  • At 8:00 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Loving the scarf, can't wait to see it on you! Re kissing: Maxime just started doing the exact same thing! It's pretty adorable (and, you know, a little slobbery).

     
  • At 10:54 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Adorable photos!

    Your projects are looking great! Do you have something in mind for the Woolly Bully? Something for Yannick? He did a great job picking colors!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates