Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
9 months and a fo
According to What to Expect the First Year:
By nine months, your baby

...should be able to:
-work to get a toy that's out of reach CHECK
-look for dropped object CHECK
...will probably be able to:
-pull up to standing position from sitting CHECK
-creep or crawl CHECK (rolling/creeping)
-get into a sitting position from stomach NO
-object if you try to take a toy away NO
-stand holding on to someone or something CHECK
-pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger CHECK
-say "mama" or "dada" indiscriminately CHECK
-play peekaboo CHECK
...may possibly be able to:
-play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye CHECK
-walk holding on to furniture (cruise) NO
-understand "no" (but not always obey it) CHECK

...may even be able to:

-"play ball" (roll ball back to you) KINDA- he doesn't roll it back to me, he picks it up and gives it to me to roll back to him

-drink from a cup independently CHECK but makes a hell of a mess

-pick up a tiny object neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger CHECK

-stand alone momentarily CHECK

-stand alone well NO

-say "dada" or "mama" discriminately NO

-say one word other than "mama" or "dada" NO

-respond to a one-step command with gestures ("Give that to me", said with hand out) CHECK

Here's Mommy with Jakob at 39 weeks. He has now been out for just as long as he's been in. :)

There haven't been enough "Jakob with Daddy" photos lately, so here's one from our trip this past weekend to Ottawa. More on that in my next post...it's a long story and I want to finish posting before Big Brother starts.
Hey look- a finished object! What's funny is that Maaike and I both finished on the same day.

Striped Scarf details:

I used 4 balls of Noro Silk Garden, 1 each of the colorways"8", "251", "258" and "264".

I cast on 41 sts with a tubular cast-on and a 4mm needle, and did 1x1 rib, changing balls every 2 rows (first using balls 1 and 2, then when they ran out I switched to 3 and 4).

I did a slipped stitch on the first and last stitch of the 2nd row of each color (copying Jared's, whose scarf was the inspiration for this one), and I bound off with the sewn/Kitchener bind-off.

Cast on: January 29 2008.

Bind off: February 17 2008.

I am so happy with this project! I love how it looks, it is comfortable but most of all, my favorite thing about this scarf is the colors. Not any one in particular- but how they ended up meeting each other. I'm calling this my "inspiration scarf". There are so many spots of inspiration in this scarf- areas where two colors meet that I never would have thought of pairing, and yet they look just amazing together. I have so many ideas brewing in my head just from looking at how certain colors play off of each other, and I know it will only inspire me further.
And it makes a great valance too!

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:48 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Maaike said…

    That valance shot is awesome!! Are you going to keep it there, or was that just for the photo op?

    Glad that you kept track of the start and end date, so I don't need to.

    When do we start our felted clog KAL? I've got the Lopi and the needles. Although, now that I've cast on for Kindle and am loving the Alpaca, I'm not sure I'll want to put it down for a while.

     
  • At 8:28 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Our boys are getting so big! I can't believe it... Great work on the scarf, it looks really great!

     
  • At 9:44 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    He is just too cute for words! Such a sweetie! Love the scarf too.

     
  • At 10:54 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    I can't believe Jakob is getting so big! Everyone says it goes by fast, and it really does seem to be the case even for a friend's baby. :)

    The scarf is beautiful! I agree that the colors are really amazing. It's colorful, yet subtle at the same time. I love the valance photo. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates