Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, October 21, 2007
autumn
Mommy with Jakob at 22 weeks.
I went to my LYS on Friday and did a little stash enhancing. I know, I know, sock yarn is the LAST thing I am running out of, but I couldn't resist the colors! I had been at the mall on Wednesday when the LYS got in their latest shipment of Regia, and I loved the mix of black, gray and red in this colorway:

Unfortunately I had to wait until Thursday for them to enter the new yarn into their database, so that I could actually buy it. After playgroup I stopped in at the mall on my way home and snapped up a ball for myself and one for Maaike. I had already paid and was on my way out the door when I saw this little number:
I couldn't resist those browns!

Later that day I went to the park with Maaike and Erika. The weather was perfect for Fall, breezy and cool with that slight smell of rain in the air. A lot of the leaves around had already turned orange and fallen off of their trees, and there were HUGE piles of leaves all around the park. We got some really great photos of the kids. I LOVE this one that Maaike took for me:

I couldn't resist plopping Jakob into one of the great big piles and taking a few photos. I would have had some better ones but he kept moving, and once I finally got him to stop wiggling he kept trying to eat the leaves.


This is my absolute favorite season. Happy Autumn everyone!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:07 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:28 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    LOVE the photo of Jakob in the leaves. Must go find leaves (and photograph Sean!)

    Love the hoodie. He's soo bad ass!

     
  • At 8:21 am, Blogger Caroline said…

    You need to stop posting pics of your son, it's making my baby fever 100 times worst!

    (Just kidding, keep posting them!)

    I love the brown in the second Regia pic. I bought a skein in browns too, but it's a different one I guess. The label says the colour is Sierra. It's quite similar to yours though.

     
  • At 5:27 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Those are some awesome photos! He looks so happy!

    The sock yarns do look very fall-like and with sock yarn the rule seems to be that there's always room for one more in the stash. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates