Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, October 19, 2007
five months old



By five months, your baby

...should be able to:
-hold head steady when upright CHECK
-on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms CHECK
-pay attention to an object as small as a raisin CHECK
-squeal in delight CHECK
-reach for an object CHECK
-smile spontaneously CHECK
-smile back when you smile CHECK
-grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers CHECK
-keep head level with body when pulled to sitting CHECK

...will probably be able to:
-roll over (one way) CHECK
-bear some weight on legs CHECK
-say "ah-goo" or similar vowel-consonant combination CHECK
-razz (make a wet razzing sound) CHECK
-turn in the direction of a voice CHECK

...may possibly be able to:
-sit without support FOR A SPLIT SECOND

...may even be able to:
-pull up to standing position from sitting WITH HELP
-stand holding on to someone or something CHECK
-object if you try to take a toy away DOES HOLDING ON TIGHT COUNT?
-work to get a toy out of reach CHECK
-pass a cube or other object from one hand to another CHECK
-look for dropped objects I DON'T KNOW
-rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in fist ONCE OR TWICE
-babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da HE DOES THE BA-BA-BA ONE SOMETIMES

I wonder why the book doesn't mention his newest favorite passtime- yelling! If we ignore him or leave him alone for a bit, he starts to yell or shriek, sometimes even "calling out" to try and get us to come back.
In knitting news, here's the latest progress on the Superman Costume. I've stalled here because I now need to chart out the upper body with the big S logo on it. Once I get around to that I will be able to continue. I love how it is coming out so far!


Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:47 am  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:07 pm, Blogger K. said…

    That's the cutest freaking costume I've seen yet!!!

     
  • At 5:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cute costume! It's looking fantastic! The first photo of Jakob is amazing. What a gorgeous baby!

     
  • At 7:30 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Super cute costume - can't wait to see it finished. If you want, I can sell the pattern in my shop! Let me know.

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    That costume is going to be awesome! I also love the photo you posted at the top. The red really looks great!

     
  • At 10:01 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Love, love, love the costume. Are you going to knit a cape too?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates