Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, November 16, 2006
you should have been there!
Last night's knit-together was so much fun! I was in a corner with Deawn, Mona, Karine and Yannick...it's a good thing I didn't drink too much 'cus I think I would have peed, I was laughing so hard. There were a lot of people there, let's see if I can remember...there was Robyn, Peggy, Olga (new), Angela, Jennie, Veronik, Molly Ann...(anyone else get a Romper Room flashback?).

Mona was a lovely little yarn fairy and brought a couple of bags of left overs and odds and ends for us to devour like vultures peruse and choose from at our leisure. I scored some nice little odd balls:

These 4 balls are Schewe Baumwoll-Mix, 50% Baumwolle (wool?) and 50% Polyacryl (acrylic?). I plan to use them for a cute little cabled sweater for the baby. Boy or girl, I think it would be adorable with a mini pair of jeans on a Fall day.


This bit is some unknown fiber, probably wool, assumed to be feltable. I'll try a spit-splice when I feel in the mood. It will probably end up marinating in the stash for a while, eventually ending up as an accent color in a pair of felted clogs or something.



This is a yarn made up of 4 strands of thinner yarn. I was told it is 50% cotton and 50% acrylic. It will be another sweater for the baby (or probably the "kid" at that point). What, me knit for myself? It will probably be in stockinette as I'm not sure if anything more patterned would show up, and I really don't think the yarn(s?) would hold up well to a cable unless I knit it at a really tight gauge. I'll wait and see once I swatch some of it up.


This is some more of the same stuff as above in a different color. I don't think I'd use the two together...are the colors too similar? I can't decide. Maybe I'll use it for kiddie socks.


These are supposed to be 2 little left overs of merino. I think. If I can trust my pregnancy fog to remember what Mona said so many hours ago.



Lastly, these are...I don't know. What you get when you spin the 70s? In any case, I thought they were cute, and if I have a girl I KNOW I will end up with plenty of opportunities to knit something sparkly.

So see, you should have been there. You would have laughed, and you could have scored free yarn.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:36 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, "baumwolle" isn't wool; it's cotton. "Baum" is tree and "wolle" is fiber = "tree fiber" = cotton. So, since it's mixed with acrylic (you were right on that one ;), the tot's sweater is probably washable. Yeah!

    And I'm still waiting to hear about the pattern for those socks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates