Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, October 28, 2006
excuses, excuses
I haven't posted in a while, but I have a reason for it, I swear. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my blog, because my hosting provider wants to charge me more money for having all these photos. They want me to remove older photos or clean out my archives...not something I'm willing to do because it's my blog and I want all my old posts and photos intact.

I think I've figured out what I'm going to do, but I've been avoiding posting because I didn't want my storage to overflow before I could get around to doing it. I don't know how to do what I'm planning, so it will be soon, but just not yet. In the meantime I'm going to try blogging as normal.

So what have I been up to? I finished Yannick's Birthday Striped socks and forgot to take a photo, so hopefully I'll remember to take one this weekend and post it. Once I finished those, about a week and a half ago, I moved on to a stuffed elephant for Robyn for her baby shower. I haven't let myself work on anything but that because I need to have it finished in time. I'm not going to post a photo of the elephant until after the shower because even though she picked it out, there needs to be an element of surprise, no?

Other than some knitting, I haven't been doing much. Yannick and I went to the knitting meetup last Wednesday (last week) and lucky me got to pay a $37 parking ticket that Yannick got with my car. (Robyn picked me up at work and Yannick took my car to come meet us...forgot that the hours for metered parking have changed and didn't bother reading the signs). Don't send me nasty emails- I know it was his fault and he should have paid, and he will pay me back. But he has a habit of letting tickets sit around and I didn't feel like waiting until the $37 becomes $100 because he misplaced it. Not when it's on my license plate. Beyond that I've been really boring. Staying home most nights, weekends too. Doing some knitting, some napping. The highlight of last weekend was babysitting for Jackie and Kevin's son. Tomorrow we'll get to see Yannick's nephews (I guess I can call them my nephews now too, huh?) when we go over for dinner. And that will wrap up another boring week.

Next post: photos, I promise.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:31 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:41 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Thank you for keeping the photos of the elephant, I would like to have the finished product as a surprise! Good thinking!!!! And you better make sure he pays you back, but I would do the same.... my plate, I'd want to know it was taken care of, and then harrass him after for the money, since it was his mistake, but I wouldn't let it get to be more expensive than it already is....

     
  • At 5:24 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Sorry to hear you are having blog and parking issues. When it rains, it pours.....

    Can't wait to see the elephant and socks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates