Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
how cool is this?
I've been blogged! No really, go on over and check it out. I'll wait right here.

This is so cool! Now if only I could show Yannick, but, alas, the socks are a surprise.

I've been trying to decide what to do about them, because they appear to be a tad narrow for his feet. I think I will try them on him one night while he sleeps, and if it seems to fit then I'll make the 2nd one and give him the pair for Christmas/Hanukah. If it doesn't fit then I'll finish the first one and give it to him to keep in his bowling bag for good luck.

Last night was a very informative meeting of the Montreal Knitting Guild. We had speakers in from 10 Milles Villages, a Fair Trade store. It was really cool learning about Peru and the alpacas, and especially touching many of the knitted items they brought in for show-and-tell. Definately a place I plan to check out at the next gift-giving holiday!

Tonight I'll be at the Montreal Knits to-do on Monkland. The dinosaur is getting a bit unweildly to carry around (one arm left then just seaming and stuffing) so I brought with some yarn and the needles to make a pair of Froggy Socks and Hat that are similar to the Just Ducky ones I posted two days ago. They work up fast so I'm predicting I'll have at least one completed sock by the end of the meeting.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 4:14 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:10 pm, Blogger Alisha said…

    I was lured over from Yarn Harlot by the sight of those awesome socks!!! They are cool.

     
  • At 3:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank goodness the Harlot blogged you!

    Your bowling socks are awesome. You HAVE to say where you got the pattern. Of course, that would mean that I'd HAVE to knit them for me and my DH. But life isn't all hearts and flowers! LOL!

     
  • At 4:32 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Hi, I'm another follower of those awesome socks! I'd love to get the pattern for those. I am an avid sock-knitter, and also on a bowling league and they would be a perfect gift for my teammates for Christmas! Congrats on the tiny addition on the way! I'm so glad I found your blog, you are very talented :)

     
  • At 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHMYGAWD those socks! I was lured over by the Harlot's mention and picture.

    Where did you get that pattern??? I have to have it! I'm an avid sock knitter and those would make great presents. Please tell!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates