Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, October 30, 2006
i promise and i deliver
Photos! Ok, not the most interesting photos, but photos none-the-less. Yannick isn't home, and neither are his feet, so I will wait to post Birthday Sock photos once I have one or the other around.This is some yarn I bought in Florida while on our honeymoon. Isn't it pretty?

In Hallandale, right near my grandmother's condo where we stayed the first week, is a yarn shop:I had to go in there. No really, HAD to. See, my mom had sent me down with some embroidery floss to exchange for the proper colors for her, so I can't be helped if I spent some time browsing the yarn selection while I was in there, could I? I was primarily interested in finding some Tessin yarn by Muench, as this was supposed to be one of their distributors, but they didn't have any in stock. So I was about to leave when I spotted this colorful hank hanging on the wall. It's called Anne and it's by Schaefer and I love the color combination. The above photo shows how bright the colors are in real life, but doesn't show the subtle variation of orange/ochre/mustard/forest/earth that the non-red or black parts are. This photo (without flash) is much too dark, but shows that little section a bit better. Of course, you're still missing the crimson/burgundy/wine/cherry variation that the red section goes through, but I'm not spending an hour with the camera so this is the best you'll get until I knit with it.
I have no idea what it will be. I don't want to waste it on socks that won't often get seen. It's fingering weight, and one hank has a whopping 540 yards. And it's superwash. Any ideas?
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:38 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The yarn you bought looks gorgeous. How about making a shawl and see how the colours change as you go along. It could turn out really beautiful.

    Also, I meant to say how much I love your new hairdo and the colour suits you. It's very sleek and sexy :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates