Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, November 30, 2006
googly? googlie? googelie? ahh...funny eyes
First up we have the newly fixed up Just Ducky set. As you can see I changed the blue button eyes for the googly eyes. I like them better, although I still think the duck looks slightly...uh...slow. I will at some point need to either run elastic through the ribbing or reknit it because it is not stretchy at all, just floppy.
Up next is the Froggy set. I sewed the googlie eyes onto white pom poms which I then attached to the hat. The socks are flippers! This amuses me greatly. The only annoying thing was that it was in reverse stockinette stitch, so the whole thing is purled. I don't mind purling...I just prefer it when there is a break every now and then. You have no idea how much I started looking forwards to the decreases!

Finally, here's me at 15 weeks. I'm HUGE! I find this very funny, because I've only (finally) gained 1.5 lbs. 1.5 LBS! This means that a significant amount of my fat has shifted from my face, legs and waist all into my belly. I've never had a belly begin right under my boobs before. This also amuses me greatly. :) I just can't imagine how big I'll be by the end of this pregnancy!

p.s. to Anonymous who warned me about taking hot baths- already looked into that, but thanks! I made sure the water wasn't too hot and didn't soak for too long. Plus I had called my doc (that was call # 3 of the apparently abusive phone calls) to find out if it was ok, at what temp, and could I turn on the spa jets.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:04 pm  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:24 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Nice belly shot! You should do them weekly (same day each week - I do them on Thursdays, cuz that's the day my week changes) to see your progress! It's amazing how the body adapts for pregnancy. On another note, why do people leave anonymous comments? Too ashamed to leave their name? Weird!

     
  • At 9:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MY GOD!!! Are you having twins?

     
  • At 3:27 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Ooooh, the baby stuff is so cute! Cute belly too! It's nice to know that the baby just takes whatever it needs.

     
  • At 12:07 pm, Blogger K. said…

    Love the pic! And congrats on the anniversary!

     
  • At 1:27 pm, Blogger Nik said…

    That Just Ducky set is really rather cute. I agree that the eyes make it look, er, slow.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates