Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, September 03, 2006
amusing thought
I keep thinking that people should be thinking up favors to ask my dad.

You know, because he can't refuse them on this, the day of his daughter's wedding.

:)

Yes, it is 7:22am on the morning I will be wed, and I am blogging. I woke up a few minutes ago to a silent house (alarms due to go off in 10 min) and the rain falling outside. I don't mind the rain. Those who know me know it is my preferred weather. I'm just worried about getting from place A to place B IN the rain. But secretly I'm glad it's raining and not hot and sunny...this kind of day is really "me" and seems so peaceful to me. I could do without the hayfever though.

I went to pick up my cake last night and I can honestly say it was the first thing from this whole wedding planning to not go smoothly. We only had the top tier of 3 made, as the other two are cardboard and I only wanted the cake to bring home and freeze for our 1 year anniversary. So I went to Patisserie Gascogne to get it and it's all wrapped up in a box tied with string. The girl hands it to me and I asked if I could see it. She says "ok" and pushes back the corner of the box. The cake seemed fine, but I wanted to see the whole cake before I accepted ownership of it. Good thing too...it was broken!

I have a photo at home that I forgot to send to myself to post, but sue me I'm a little pre-occupied. :) The hard icing shell covering the cake was literally dented in with 3 cracks broken in it on one of the "corners". (Hmmm...does a round cake have corners?) So they say they will rush bake one tonight and deliver it to the hall tomorrow (today). They wanted to know what time the wedding was at. I lied and told them 3pm instead of 5pm. I don't want to have to worry if they are late or anything.

So in about 30-60 min the hair and makeup people will arrive, along with those of my bridesmaids that will be having themselves made up.

Around 10:30 Yannick and I will see each other for the first time, and then leave to go find a place to take (indoor) photos, then meet everyone else back at the hall for 2pm for the bridal party photos.

Signing the marriage certificate at 4:30 and then 5:00pm is the ceremony during which (as is usually the case in Jewish weddings) I will already be married. Cocktails at 6:00, then dinner and party at 7:00. I'm so excited to try the food! I hear the Italian halls have amazing meals.

The alarms are starting to go off so I'll sign off for now. My next post will be as a Mrs.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:26 am  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thinking of you right now Jen and Yannick on your wedding day. I hope you're having a wonderful time and that they delivered the cake on time and in much better shape than the original. I'm trying to picture you in your wedding dress looking sooooo beautiful :) Hope you show us lots of pictures on your return. Where have you gone for your honeymoon? Either I missed it or you haven't said. It's really great you like rain because man..this weekend sure is dull and rainy.

     
  • At 7:11 pm, Blogger K. said…

    Oh Man!!!!!! You're married by now so, congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics and I hope you have fun and that you enjoy every second of it.

    All the best to you and the husband!

     
  • At 11:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to married life! Maybe it be full of everything you ever hoped for.

     
  • At 7:29 pm, Blogger Karine said…

    I hope you had a beautiful wedding and a fulfilling marriage!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates