Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, February 09, 2006

After reading all the buzz about the Knitting Olympics started by the Yarn Harlot and then spreading to Team Canada, I was debating joining. I figured it would be a good way to take my mind off things. I figured I'd do Tempting II from www.knitty.com using some Noro Silk Garden from my stash. I made up a swatch but after seeing how the yarn comes out I think I'd much rather make a sweater with it than a sexy little top. It's more of a "comfy" type feeling and color. You can't tell by the pic, but the yarn swirls from purples to grays and has a beautiful silk sheen to it. I'm amazed at how soft it is, since my only other Noro experience is Kureyon, which I love, but isn't as soft. I'm not going to do the Olympics though. It's too hard to start something this afternoon and race through it in 2 weeks, especially since I'm still sitting shiva and will be there every night through to Monday, and I don't knit while I'm with everyone, so if I want to knit I need to be anti-social and go downstairs. Also, if I was to do that, I have Yannick's Valentine's Day gift of the Mega Socks that I don't feel right putting off, especially since there might be time to finish them before the holiday. So I didn't sign up. But I'll be knitting in spirit. There's always next year. I'll just consider myself in training.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:38 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I was thinking about joining too - but the next 2 weeks are midterms for me! Ugh.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates