Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Note: Morbidity Ahead. On Monday my mom asked me if I was going to put anything into the coffin with my grandmother, as my siblings and cousins and so on were writing letters and stuff as a way to let out a bit of how they were feeling. I went into a panic because I didn't feel "right" about writing a letter. I am so thankful I found a pattern for a knit elephant in one of my knitting books, I think it's called "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by the woman who owns Purl Soho in New York. Anyways, it took me 2 hours in the afternoon, and another 4 hours that evening, but I managed to finish this elephant in time. My grandmother collected elephants. She had, seriously, thousands of elephants. Statues, tshirts, anything with an elephant on it. This toy was supposed to be 10" tall but I used much smaller needles and a smaller gauge yarn and was able to end up with a little 5" or so elephant. I under-stuffed it so it's cuddly and squishy and was just really thankful I had something to give to my grandmother on Tuesday. I didn't go see her as often as I should have once she was in her foster home, mainly because it was so hard to communicate but that wasn't her fault. So I am really happy that I was able to make something just for her, with only her in mind and thinking of her with every stitch.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:14 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    That is the cutest thing I've ever seen, (I love elephants and collect elephants too!) Can you photocopy the pattern for me? I want to make one! I want one! lol!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates