Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, February 06, 2006
Small Things
Thank God I knit. I'm having a really hard time going through the last few days and even while watching TV my mind gets distracted. I find the only time I'm not thinking about anything is when I'm knitting. I'm trying really hard not to complain because I don't want to be selfish especially now when my mom and my aunts are going through something so terrible. I just feel like I'm lost. I'm trying to take it one day at a time but it's so hard because everyone else is going through one thing, but I'm going through two things and it's really, really difficult. I find I'm more sore and stiff now that I've been going out like to work and to my mom's house, and every time I go in a car I get the flashbacks and fear that we're going to get into an accident, and on top of that I miss my grandmother so much and have to prepare for the funeral on Tuesday. This is so hard.

Thank God for Yannick. He's been so supportive through this, even calling my mom through the day to see how she's doing, and spending most of each day there with her helping her set up for the shiva this week. [Note: shiva is when the friends and family come to the house to pay their repects. I found a really good article online that explains it, so if you're interested, click here: http://www.aish.com/literacy/lifecycle/The_Stages_of_Jewish_Mourning.asp

Since Yannick has been out of the house the last few days I was able to work on his Mega Socks. Obviously some stuff has come up, but I'm still trying to get them finished for Valentine's Day as his gift. Last night I finished the first sock. Blogger is being funny and not letting me upload pics using their software (what else is new?) so I'm going to post them in a second with hello.

I won't be around this week 'cus I'll be at my mom's every night for the shiva, but I'll be knitting, so that's something.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:43 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates