Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Hello Again
I've been away a spell huh?

I guess I got busy with some wedding stuff. Last Saturday I had a hair trial after work, it came out quite nice but I'm waiting to get my photos developed to see how that came out. Sunday was the Sheldon Kagan show. I think I was quite productive. Apparently the whole point of going is to enter the contests from each booth, so I went with 30 pre-printed labels with my name, address and phone number. TRES time-saving!

Monday I ran around then had Joelle come to the house for my makeup trial. Very pretty, also waiting for the pics to see how they look.

Tuesday and Wednesday I went to auditions for the Lakeshore Players theater group. Thursday I found out I didn't get a part. I don't feel too bad, and I'm not taking it as a statement about my acting abilities. There are only 8 parts in the play, only 3 of those for women, and only 1 of those for a woman under 40. There were 3 of us who could play her, and one of us has been in the LP plays before AND is the membership person, so I had a feeling I wouldn't get a part anyways. Plus she's quite good (from what I saw).

Friday I got to feed Bradley then came home to crash, and Saturday after work Julie picked me up and we drove down to Ottawa to stay overnight at hers and Rich's new house where Yannick had been since Friday afternoon. I love their house! And Julie took me around Ottawa today so I got to go to Michael's and get a bunch of Homespun to make a few sweaters, and then around the downtown area and one of the malls. Bought some cool stuff, my favorite of which is Mexican chocolate and ancho powder to make authentic Mexican hot chocolate. I've been dying to try Mexican chocolate (which is weird, 'cus I really DON'T like chocolate at all), and I can use the chili powder in other stuff too, plus it's not too hot. The store "Chilly Chiles" was really cute, everything chili-related you could ever want! Plus, anyplace that sells

just rocks, no?

To Robyn: I'm feeling much better, and thank you for the stickers! I wish I knew what type of thing you collected so I could repay...I don't think they have camera or purse stickers...

Keri: the You Knit What? blog is hysterical! Thanks for telling me about it, I just spent an hour going through TRES FUGLY archives!!

Secret Pal: Curves is still fun, even if the pounds aren't just falling off. I'm hoping for long-term payoff, in place of short term ones that don't stay, so we'll see...

The Montreal Knits group was hit with one of those memes like the "2 things" one I did for Robyn. (Hey, anyone know what the definition of memes is, or how you pronounce it?). This one was a challange to name "20 things about you". Molly Ann answered for the group, perfectly:

1. Many of us have cats. Except for those of us who have dogs.
2. Many of us aren't actually from Montreal. We have folk from Germany, Missouri, Nebraska, Massachusets (probably spelled wrong, I guess I could just say Boston), New York, Washington DC, Vancouver, Toronto and other places that I just can't think of right now (but I really don't mean to leave anyone out!).
3. Three of our members (Kate, Mona, Veronik) are published designers.
4. Every now and again, on a Sunday, a very nice lady named Audrey comes to the Second Cup with a basket full of hand-dyed kid mohair things from her farm. It's kinda like having your crack dealer come to your house.
5. Every now and again, on a Sunday, a very nice lady from
Ami Ami yarns comes to the Second Cup with a very cute hand-crocheted bag full of various yarns imported from Japan. It's kinda like getting Vicodin from a mail-order website delivered right to your door.
6. Even though many of the group are francophone (that would be "french speaking" to those of you who don't live in Quebec), we meet in english. We anglophones (do I have to spell it out for you?) appreciate this greatly.
7. We have all seen the original, the first, THE clapotis.
8. All the kids who have ever come to a meeting are a) adorable and b) extremely well-behaved. I am way impressed.
9. People usually stare at us when we have a meeting, and sometimes they come over and talk to us. One nice old lady remarked that none of us looked even close to being grandmothers. Um, thanks?
10. Jo's partner Carl occasionally comes to meetings. Apparently he CAN knit, but won't do it in front of us.
11. We have knitters of all levels of experience, from I've-only-knit-scarves all the way up to experts who have done cables, intarsia, fair-isle, provisional cast-ons, tubular cast-ons, tubular cast-offs, lace and etc. (but not all in the same project).
12. None of us has knitted a poncho--that we would publically admit to.
13. We have collectively spent enough money at the Second Cup to purchase a franchise.
14. Our average age appears to be around 35. Although we look much younger. Not in a "mutton dressed as lamb" kind of way either. And the fact that possibly one of us might be single and turning 36 soon has nothing to do with this comment whatsoever.
15. I don't think any of us have used our sewing machines in ages.
16. Many of us seem to be/have been involved in the arts in some way--theatre, film, advertising, design.
17. I have never seen anyone knitting with fun fur at a meeting.
18. We all instinctively know how to pronounce "clapotis," but also find Deawn's Texan friend's alternate pronounciation of "platypus" quite hilarious.
19. We have official meetings four times a month, but sometimes meet even more frequently. We like us, we really like us!
20. There are only 19 interesting things about Montreal Knits.
Phew. I'm out.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:24 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates